Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's chemo-eve and that means praying in place and taking care!




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on our Life's Journey,

It's #TakeCareTuesday and that means being intentional about taking care of ourselves early in the week. We do this again on Saturday for #SelfCareSaturday as well because we all need to make a point of doing this twice a week or more! It's chemo-eve and I'm banking energy so that I can be  ready for tomorrow's treatment. This afternoon I had my labs done and decided that I needed to have a proper night's sleep and had Lindsey my Nurse take the needle out. I feel much better and that will mean I can take a proper shower  tonight and tomorrow before I go to our Wednesday Holy Eucharist and Healing service. When I get my pump installed tomorrow afternoon, I will have to go without a shower on Thursday. I don't know why I'm telling you all this but since you are my family I like to share my life with you my dear loved ones. Sharing aspects of my treatment makes all of what I'm going through and I suspect what some of you my dear one are going through as well, truly a time  of family togetherness. 

Let's  take time again for silent reflection and give yourself permission to reflect,  rest, relax, refresh and renew for 10 minutes.  If you don't have time  for 10 minutes or are uncomfortable, start off with two and build up gradually. Put the timer on and close your eyes. When the timer finishes, slowly open your eyes. How do you feel? What things or thoughts came to mind and are you ready to lay down your worries and place them in the Worry/Sabbath Rest box for the night? 

Let us take time to pray in place and lay all of our petitions, thanksgivings, remembrances, celebrations, and worries in the arms of the God who loves us all asHis precious children.

We pray for all children that they may be protected, loved, and valued. We continue to pray for the missing girls in Nigeria and the children who are crossing the border into this country alone. 

We pray for all of our family members who are lost, lonely, homeless, hungry, and all of the least of these that they may be fed, clothed, sheltered, and made to feel welcome whether it is on the streets, churches, and shelters and wherever they may be. We pray that they may be encircled with love, acceptance, and welcome in a cloak of comfort  and compassion.

We pray for all places in the world where there is political unrest and sectarian violence. We pray for peace and that we may be peacemakers to this your broken world.

We pray for courage to speak truth to power and raise our voices for the voiceless and not remain silent when we are called to take action.

We pray for the mentally ill and those living with addiction and we remember especially those living with Alzheimer's and dementia.

We pray for the protection of all the animals who live in the animal kingdom and and end to animal cruelty.
We pray that all shelter animals may find loving and forever homes. 

We pray for all women and their continuing struggle to receive human dignity, equal pay, access to quality health care, and humane treatment.

We pray for an end to violence of all kinds. We remember this night those affected by gun violence and the families, friends, and neighbors who mourn the loss of those who have been killed.

We pray this night for a time of peaceful hearts, minds, and spirits. May we awaken rested, refreshed, and renewed to do the tasks that you O God have before us.

We pray for all those who are on pilgrimage in the Holy Land, Iona, The Camino in Spain , and all other holy places.

We pray for all those who are ill and have chronic, autoimmune disorders, and pain. We pray for comfort and healing.

We pray especially for those things that are on our hearts, and minds_________________

We pray for all those who mourn losses of any kind remembering_____________________

We pray for those who are dying and those who have died today remembering especially________
that they may rest in peace and rise in glory and that Light Perpetual may shine on them in the Thin Places.

We celebrate this day and give thanks to you  especially for_____________

All these our prayers and those made on behalf of others we ask in the name of  your son Jesus. Amen.

God grant us a peaceful night and a perfect end. Amen.

********

Good Night my dearly loved family. I give thank to God for you this day and always.  I love you, You matter, and I'm continue to be blessed by your love and kindness. 

Love, peace, prayers, blessings, and joy be always yours,

Sara





















No comments:

Post a Comment