Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Let's Celebrate Life ! Even when you have chemo!



Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on our Life's Journey!

Today I had my chemo treatment and appointment with my wonderful oncologist Dr. Vara or as I like to refer to him Dr. Green Eyes. Dr. Vara is pleased with my blood work and how things are going. He always makes me feel good and he even told me this "You are looking good!". I have come tho the conclusion that we must celebrate life! Even when you have chemo. There is always something to celebrate. Tomorrow we will celebrate the one month anniversary of Dad's entry into the Thin Places. Remember the movie "Pollyanna"? She had a game that she called "The Glad Game" we are going to change that up a bit and call ours the "Grateful Thanksgiving Game"!  What are you grateful for ? What are you thankful for? Take out a piece of paper or open a Word Doc and start brainstorming! As we do with our "Taking Stock Daily and Praying at the Center" exercises let's put the timer on for 10 minutes! But first let's do the first two exercises if you so desire!  Here are the steps: 

Daily inventory as part of one's life and even our spiritual ones are vital. Now, I encourage and invite you to do just that. Take time for silent reflection and give yourself permission to reflect,  rest, relax, refresh and renew for 10 minutes.  If you don't have time  for 10 minutes or are uncomfortable, start off with two and build up gradually. Put the timer on and close your eyes. When the timer finishes, slowly open your eyes. How do you feel? What things or thoughts came to mind and are you ready to lay down your worries and place them in the Worry/Sabbath Rest box for the night? 

Now put on the timer again for 10 minutes and write down what you are grateful and thankful for!
Those will make up our prayers for this evening and at the same time we will celebrate life in all its magnificent hues.

I'm grateful for:
Dr. Vara and our healing family at Mission Hope Cancer Center.
St. Peter's Episcopal Church and our parish family.
Calmness of spirit.
My life
The ability to drive a car.
Chemotherapy drugs that will help all of us who are undergoing cancer treatment so that we may can the cancer.
I'm Thankful to and for:
God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
My faith which keeps me strong, and in balance.
Love and the ability to show, tell, express,  and  receive love with out fear  or reservation
My family and that includes you
Healing and getting back to health
Prayer walking, Walk With Me On Our Journey, Praying in place.
God's call in all aspects of my vocation.
God' and his leading me into this cyberministry and all of our family members who I connect with each day.
For the little things that make life joyful, spirit-filled.
God's Cathedral of life.
A home in which to live, food to eat, and clothes to wear, clean water to drink.
The list is endless.
Thank you God for each of these and especially for this time to Celebrate life!


Time is up! Now take the list and pray: 
Add your own prayer lists, prayers, thanksgivings if any more come to mind, celebrations, and remembrances.
Please remember:
The least of these.
The war torn and violent places in the world.
For peace and justice in all places where human rights and dignity are denied.
For animals and an end to animal cruelty.
For the diversity of all creation and humankind.
For all agencies that help people in  escaping  domestic violence, child abuse, poverty, and chronic and orphan illnesses and any other situation that makes living safely difficult.
For the disabled, special needs family members, and those who learn differently.
All of our family members who are on Pilgrimage in the Holy Land, El Camino de Compostela, Taize, Iona, Canterbury, Red Shirt Table on the Pine Ridge Reservation, and all sacred places of pilgrimage.
For caregivers.
For peacemakers, troops, and all who endeavor to keep us safe from harm.
For sound and compassionate government.
For those striving to be accepted and live as the authentically beautiful people God created.

God we lift all of this up to you and to your glory and in celebration. We ask this in Jesus most holy name. Amen.

**************

Good Night Lovies!  I love you, you matter, and I give thanks to God for you you this day and always!

Love, joy, prayers,blessings, peace, and with a celebratory spirit!

Sara






 Celebrating life in the Infusion Suite at Mission Hope Cancer Center in Santa Maria California. If you are ever in the neighborhood when I have chemo please stop by and visit me. I'd love to see you!





OSHO Celebration Playlist

This has diverse tunes and I like the music. 




No comments:

Post a Comment