Tuesday, June 10, 2014

What to do when you need to rest!




Dear Family of Love,

Yes, I'm still on rest detail. This is making me restless instead of rested. I suppose many of you have heard of  The Young and The Restless well dear ones I'm The Middle-aged and the Rested! LOL! It had occurred to me that we all need a list of suggestions  on what to do when you need or are encouraged to rest. So here are a few of mine:

Accept the fact that you need to stay home! Give thanks to God for these opportunities for retreat and rest time.
Reading 
Watching TV but don't have it running all day.
Have a Pajama Day! If you have friends who are not doing anything invite them to visit for a PJ's and Tea time.
Eat easily prepared food and maybe order in.
Listen to music
Keep hydrated
Take soothing showers but not too long.
Moisturize.
Have a supply of DVD or BLU-Ray movies to watch.
Prayer rest.
Call family members and reconnect.
No need to do anything you do not wish to do.
The list is endless I'm sure.

****************

Loving God we give thanks for times of relaxation,rest, and renewal. May we see these times as periods of Sabbath rest to connect with you and heal the Temples of the Holy Spirit you gave us.

Help us to rest and do it well.

Help us to pray when we are in pain.

We pray for all caregivers and those receiving care

We pray for an end to all acts of senseless violence and that all people will be protected in their places of work and learning. May we have the courage to encourage our legislators to pass sensible gun reform.

We pray for all law enforcement personnel remembering those who have lost their lives in Las Vegas and Moncton.

We pray for all those who are living with chronic illness and pain for their healing and comfort.

May we learn to love our neighbors as family and remember it is never I,  but we and all means all.

We lift up all our prayers for ourselves and on behalf of others especially_______________ to you God. Amen.


*********

Well Dear Family ! That is all for this evening! I love you, You Matter, and please take care because it still is Take Care Tuesday. Thank you for yesterday's time of rest. I give thanks to God for you this day and always.

Love,joy, peace, and with thanksgiving!

Sara









Today is the Feast of Ephrem of Edessa Deacon and Hymn Writer

We continue to pray for the people of Syria and all our family members in that most broken and war torn part of your world.

Here is his Song of Light


Hymn of Light -St. Ephrem

Syriac Orthodox-Hymn


Lessons for the Feast of Ephrem of Edessa

THE PRAYER OF ST EPHRAIM THE SYRIAN

     O Lord and Master of my life, do not give me the spirit of laziness, meddling, self-importance and idle talk. (prostration) 
     Instead, grace me, Your servant, with the spirit of modesty, humility, patience, and love. (prostration) 
     Indeed, my Lord and King, grant that I may see my own faults, and not condemn my brothers and sisters, for You are blessed unto ages of ages. Amen. (prostration) 
     (Twelve deep bows, saying each time:  O God, be gracious to me, a sinner.) 
     [Translation by Fr James Silver, Drew University; recently posted on the Orthodox list] 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment