Thursday, September 3, 2015

Gratitude and Thanksgiving are the main ingredients for being a loving person and person of faith!





Dear Family of Love!

This is our 800th edition of Walk With Me On Our Journey! Yes, this is true I have been called to write these little jewels almost nightly for a little over 2 years. God doesn't seem to want me to stop doing these messages and cyber prayer services, and so we continue. You'd be surprised how each night it never ceases to amaze me that God has a plan for each of these. I give thanks to God for this call and the blessings s/he provides each and everyday. What blessings have you counted today? Have you forgotten that today is Being Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday? I hope not! Gratitude and thanksgiving are the main ingredients for being a loving person and person of faith. Each day there is always something to be grateful for even if the sky is stormy and our moods are gloomy. Tonight let us be meditating on gratitude and thanksgiving. I may be giving us a few hymns and songs that we will soon be hearing around Thanksgiving  So let us begin our mindfulness exercises based on gratitude.

Breathe in God's Goodness.
Breathe out our Thankfulness

Breathe in God's Goodness
Breathe out our Thankfulness.

Breathe in God's Goodness
Breathe out our Thankfulness.

Be still and know that God is Love
Be still and know God's Love
Be still and know God
Be still and know
Be still
Be

Be still and know that I am God
Be still and know
Be still
Be

Be still and know that God is Good.
Be still and know God's goodness.
Be still and know God
Be still and know
Be still
Be 

Be still and know that I am God
Be still and know
Be still
Be

Inhale in the Holy Spirit
Exhale  Love

Inhale the Holy Spirit
Exhale Love

Inhale the Holy Spirit 

Exhale Love. 

Now click on this link to gently enter into our time of meditation and thanksgiving. 

Lord of all Hopefulness- Slane

I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say

In Honor of 800 written posts of Walk With Me On Our Journey Here is Hymn 800 in WONDER, LOvE, And  PRAISE ! This is wonderful!  Precious Lord Take My Hand - Mahalia Jackson

Here are the prayers from last year's blog on the 4th of  September. 

Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful for a home in which to live. We pray for all of our family members who haven't any homes in which to live. We pray that they may find safe shelters from the cold.

Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful for food to eat. We pray for our family members who are hungry.
We pray that we may have open hands and that we may share our loaves and fishes.

Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful for the clothes I wear. We pray for our family members who do not have adequate clothing. May we share our old clothing with shelters.

Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful for family and friends. We pray for our family members who are lonely and outcast. May we step up and be the loving family members God calls us to be.

Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful for my large family of faith. We pray for our family members who do not have faith communities and pastors to care for them. 

Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful for today's mild weather. We pray for rain in the drought parched areas of the world and those affected by severe weather.

Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful for feeling good today, We pray for all our family members who are coping with illnesses of any kind. We pray for the healing of all ills, diseases, and conditions.


Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful for all of my loved ones who were mentors and role models for me. We pray for all of our family members who have died and our many family members who grieve their loss.

Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful for safe transportation.  We pray for all those who are traveling and those who find it necessary to walk and do not have cars to drive. We pray that transit authorities may open up free transportation for those in need.

Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful for my peaceful spirit and heart. We pray for peace in this fragile and broken world, and  end to all violence and division in all its many forms. May we become truly united as the Family of God that he commands us to be. May we ever remember and care for the least of these with loving and cheerful hearts.

Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful that I have the privilege to serve God and be doing ministry. We pray for all of our family members who are seeking employment or discerning calls to ministry We pray also for living wages and equal benefits for all.

Gracious Spirit, I'm thankful for my resilience in times of struggle and fragility. We pray for all of our family members who are fragile. Help us to see them as you see us.  May we always be observant so that they may never  unwillingly fall through the cracks and that we may provide them a loving and soft place to fall.


Gracious Spirit, we add our own prayers and thanksgivings and the prayers that we have said on behalf of others.  We lift up our hands in prayer and praise to you Jesus our Loving Redeemer and Friend. Amen.

From: Carrying the Sun,and the Son with us on Prayer Pilgrimage this evening

Written on September 4, 2014

++++++++++

Good Night Dear and Loving Family! I love you ! May you be showered with God's abiding love and blessings each and every moment that you live, move, and just be. I give Thanks to God for you this night and always. Tomorrow we prepare for our Self and Sabbath Care Weekend by Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly Without Fretting. 

 I love you to the Moon and Back and into Infinity and beyond and back again and then some!

Sara

























No comments:

Post a Comment