Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Spending time with God in our heart homes and in the Sanctuary of our Hearts, Souls, and spirits.





Dear Family of Love,

Happy Take Care Tuesday! I hope all is well. I had a good day and spent most of it down at the Faith Factory. St. Peter's is the church where I have spent most of my 56 years. It is true sanctuary and family to me. How many of you have ever had that kind of beautiful relationship with a church family? If you haven't please make yourselves at home here at Walk With Me On Our Journey. This can be a soft place to fall, where you are safe, and enjoy a bit of sanctuary outside of the hustle and bustle of social media. We all need these places in the real world and in cyberspace as well.  In a week from tomorrow we will enter once again the season of Lent.  I like to call it our chance to do those things we said we were going to do in Advent and New Years or start completely over with reasonable and attainable goals. This week please take time to be in preparation for the season that is Fast approaching.  Last year I wrote a blog about  our Lenten preparation. Here is the link to it:

Preparing for our yearly period of life and soul enrichment. What is that? Check out the blog and see!

Tonight let us take time for a little while and stop the glorification of busy. Join with me in a time of peace and sanctuary and be with God at the deepest level of our heart homes. 

Inhale God's Love and Peace
Exhale God's Love Energy and Peace Power.

Be Still and Know That I am God.
Be Still and Know
Be Still
Be

Repeat until you are ready to enter into the Sanctuary of  Your Hearts or Heart Homes through these red doors.



Sit and just be while you listen to this piece of music: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis

I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say
By: Horatius Bonar


I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Come unto me and rest;
Lay down, O weary one, lay down
Your head up my breast."
I came to Jesus and I was,
So weary, worn, and sad;
I found in him a resting place,
And he has made me glad.


I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"Behold, I freely give
The living water, thirsty one;
Stoop down and drink and live."
I came to Jesus, and I drank
Of that life giving stream;
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
And now I live in him.


I heard the voice of Jesus say,
"I am this dark world’s light;
Look unto me, your morn shall rise,
And all your day be bright."
I looked to Jesus, and I found
In him my star, my sun;
And in that light of life I’ll walk
Till traveling days are done.


Hymn # 348 from Lutheran Worship
Author: Thomas Tallis
Tune: Third Mode Melody
1st Published in: 1846


Dear Ones It is time for our nightly Virtual Candlelight Prayer Vigil. Let us light our candles and be at prayer and give thanks to God for the rich and beautiful diversity of all God's creation. We celebrate our differences with CALM (Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful) Hearts. We pray that these differences may unite us together as one beautiful human family made in the image and likeness of God. 







God as we prepare for Lent and our yearly period of life and soul enrichment, guide us to what we should do.

God we pray for all who are struggling with mental and chronic illnesses.  May they receive healing and help.

God we pray that we may be forgiving towards our enemies, friends, and ourselves.

God we pray that we my practice random acts of kindness and pay it forward.

God we pray for our nation and all nations of the world where there is division and hatred. May we sew seeds of love, mercy, justice, and peace.

God we pray for all who are in abusive situations that they may find sanctuary and courage to leave dangerous relationships. We pray for their family and friends and especially children who are forced to witness terrible abuse.

God we pray and give thanks for families and our friendships that light up our world when our world seems dark.

God we pray for new normals that give us courage to live out our new normals with grace and love.

God help us to know when to speak and when to be quiet.

God may we seek to love others as you love us and not be afraid.  May we love authentically and as we really are.

God help us to know what our faith truly stands for and what it does not and freely speak truth to power lovingly and speak and spread the Good News boldly as Jesus did.

God we pray for__________________

God we lift up our prayers in the Name of you only Son Jesus. Amen. 

Or these:


We are doing this to prepare ourselves as a pre-Lenten time of  preparation and it is good practice at any time. Take your time and may this time refresh, renew, relax, and re connect you with all that is good and all that is holy.  Our music for tonight is this. R. Carlos Nakai Playlist

God we pray that we never take time for granted and treat each minute of the day as sacred.

God we pray for our family members who are stressed out with worry may we step up and love and help them in any way that we can.

God we pray for peace in the world that we may take time to pray and give voice for the voiceless who are afraid to speak for themselves in these violent and war torn areas of the world.

God we pray for sound education that is fair and for those who teach and those who learn. May their course work be unbiased and truthful.

God we pray for sound government where division may cease and that every one may seek to serve all humanity for the good of all.

God we pray for all who are ill may they receive your healing balm and that we may rise to help them.

God we pray for all who have lost pets and loved ones that they may mourn with confidence and know that they are loved beyond all measure.

God we pray for all who are artists may we appreciate their God given talents and as we gaze at the painting or photo, listen to the sound of  voice or orchestra. May we see your touch and inspiration O, God.

God we pray for all who are in need and especially for the least of these. May we rise to be their family members and their keepers. 

God we pray that no one is to be ignored and be treated as invisible. May we love everyone with courage and strong hearts and open heart homes.

God we lift up these our prayers in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

+++++++

Today's wish is that we all take time to rest, relax, and renew our bodies, minds, and spirits! Be refreshed in Love, Joy, Hope, and Peace!

+++++++

Good Night Dear Family ! I love you! May you all have a restful and peaceful night enfolded in God's loving arms. I give God thanks for you this day and always!

With love and blessings,

Sara























No comments:

Post a Comment