Thursday, March 17, 2016

Stop the hate week continues! Tonight let us continue our prayerful loving and listening! to one another





Good Evening Dear Family,

Happy Being Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday. Today I get to give out the awards to all of you who are helping to ratchet down the hate. We aren't hate free by any means but we are getting there bit by bit , step by step, and breath by breath. We need to continue our time of prayerful and loving listening to each other. This requires taking the potion called ego-be-gone! Yes dear ones! Ego-be-gone! Before we engage in any substantial dialogue and listening we must check our egos at the door and at the doors to our heart homes. Nothing is accomplished by hate and ego driven agendas when we are trying to listen lovingly and make peace The same is true when we are in relationship with God, each other, and ourselves  So tonight we get to spend a little time in mindfulness by listening to the quietness of our hearts and what God is telling us by going deeper and not just by a tiny bit but deeper into the center of our heart homes. Let us put on our timers, mindfulness apps, and this piece of music to draw us deeper into the center. 

Agnus Dei - Sacred Choral Music


Be Still and Know that I am God.
Be Still and Know.
Be Still.
Be.

Peace be still.

Inhale
Exhale

Pause.
Be Still and Know that I am God.
Be Still and Know.
Be Still.
Be.

Peace be still.

Inhale
Exhale

Pause.

Be Still and Know that I am God.
Be Still and Know.
Be Still.
Be.

Peace be still.

Inhale
Exhale

Pause.

God we comet to you this night in prayerful solitude praying for  an end to hate, violence, and division. We pray that we may come to you in the quiet as we light our candles and be at prayer. 
We pray that we may seek to be your loving family who uses loving words, loving actions, from loving hearts We pray this night that we may seek to know you in all of our family members and especially those with whom we disagree. Help us to be CALM (Compassionate, Accepting, Loving, and Merciful) We pray that we may walk hand in hand in peace, love, equality, and justice without fear and mistrust. We pray that we may be the loving and listening children of God who made us in God's image and likeness. 


St Patrick's Breastplate


ST. PATRICK'S BREASTPLATE



I arise today 
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation.

I arise today
Through the strength of Christ's birth with His baptism,
Through the strength of His crucifixion with His burial,
Through the strength of His resurrection with His ascension,
Through the strength of His descent for the judgment of doom.

I arise today
Through the strength of the love of cherubim,
In the obedience of angels,
In the service of archangels,
In the hope of resurrection to meet with reward,
In the prayers of patriarchs,
In the predictions of prophets,
In the preaching of apostles,
In the faith of confessors,
In the innocence of holy virgins,
In the deeds of righteous men.

I arise today, through
The strength of heaven,
The light of the sun,
The radiance of the moon,
The splendor of fire,
The speed of lightning,
The swiftness of wind,
The depth of the sea,
The stability of the earth,
The firmness of rock.

I arise today, through
God's strength to pilot me,
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's host to save me
From snares of devils,
From temptation of vices,
From everyone who shall wish me ill,
afar and near.

I summon today
All these powers between me and those evils,
Against every cruel and merciless power
that may oppose my body and soul,
Against incantations of false prophets,
Against black laws of pagandom,
Against false laws of heretics,
Against craft of idolatry,
Against spells of witches and smiths and wizards,
Against every knowledge that corrupts man's body and soul;
Christ to shield me today
Against poison, against burning,
Against drowning, against wounding,
So that there may come to me an abundance of reward.

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

[Note that people sometimes pray a shorter version of this prayer just with these 15 lines about Christ above. The conclusion follows below.]

I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation.

More info here Our Catholic Prayers

 Gracious God ,we pray our thanksgiving list tonight and entrust all of our thanksgivings and joy filled emotions to you.

Gracious God, we entrust our hearts and heart-homes in to your care and that we all may open our hearts to love in the most expansive ways.

Gracious God, we pray that we may be more loving to our neighbors and actually get to know them. 

Gracious God, we thank you for hearts to love and that we may use our hands and feet to love and serve you and others.

Gracious God, we pray for all those who are grieving the loss of loved ones and we pray especially for those who are grieving the loss of loved ones on the most recent air disaster.

Gracious God, we pray for all who are dying and those who have died. May they live joyfully in the Thin Places!

Gracious God, we pray for all faith communities and those who are making preparations for Holy Week and  Passover. 

Gracious God, we pray for peace in the world that we may be actively striving to be peace makers.

Gracious God, watch over we pray on our family members who are homeless, hungry, ill-clad and who are mentally ill. We pray and remember all those who suffer from PTSD and those who care for them.

Gracious God, we pray and give thanks for________________________

We lift these our prayers in the name of Jesus, Your Only Son. Amen.


++++++

Good Night Dear Ones! I love  you and Give God Thanks for you this night and always! Tomorrow is a special Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly without Fretting as we begin to set our faces towards Holy Week. Let us begin to prepare our hearts, minds, and spirits for the most amazing spiritual journey ever. 

With love and thanksgiving,

Sara






















No comments:

Post a Comment