Saturday, September 6, 2014

Walking Sacred Paths in your own backyard.





Dear Family of Love! 

It has been amazing few days! Yesterday and today I have been walking sacred paths in my own backyard. Yesterday afternoon after I visited and walked around Los Olivos a small town that was featured in the film '" Sideways" I ventured on one of Steve's and my favorite roads we liked to take drives. It took me to Solvang and close to the Old Mission Santa Ines where I decided to take a break and take early evening pictures and found myself walking the outdoor Stations of the Cross. It was fitting as it was Friday and I wanted to do some kind of prayer walk on a sacred path. It was both profound and amazing. You enter an archway that has the word Calvary in Spanish and then  as you do the final stations you leave under an archway that has the word Resurrection in Spanish. They have 14 Stations and pictures to go with them. Yesterday was amazingly beautiful weather wise. A good day to be with God outdoors.   Here are a few pix from yesterday! 













This morning I returned to the Mission for more interior shots and time to be with God and more time in sacred spaces. Today was Baptism day at the Mission, lots of families and their little ones  Beautiful children and families and lots of white baptismal gowns, dresses, and suits.  I had the opportunity to be in the Mission Church alone and sense the presence of the holy and sing a little bit.
God is everywhere letting us know that wherever we are God is there. He was constantly reminding me that we have to be loving one to another. Take time to feel and show love to all our family members. Here are pix from this morning. There is a statue of Fr. Junipero Serra, when I was in 4th grade and we studied the California Missions, I was called "Fr. Serra" too funny?  Maybe, maybe not!



















And finally this morning  I headed back the way I came and drove into Los Olivor and to St. Mark's Episcopal Church in the Valley and walked the labyrinth. I prayed for each of you as I always do and all the major concerns that are happening in God's broken world and within His and Our family members. These past two days put me on sacred paths in my own backyard. You may have sacred paths near you. Every place we walk is a sacred path and wherever we are is a sacred place. Since God made it it is sacred. Here are another batch of photos and tonight we will listen to music  while we pray in place.  Tomorrow we will have written  prayers. Try to find peace at the center and prepare for our Sabbath rest tomorrow and for good Sabbath Care too.





















Ralph Vaughn-Williams- Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis

This is the song I sung in the Mission! 
Calvin Hampton - A Repeating Alleluia

+++++++++

Good Night My precious and dearly loved family. I love you ! May you all have a blessed rest in preparation for a wonderful Sabbath rest and another day of self -care with a twist. Soul Self-Care.
I give thanks to God for you this day and always.

Love, blessings, prayers, to the brim and overflowing!

Sara



No comments:

Post a Comment