Saturday, September 13, 2014

Winding roads, getting lost, and celebrating the life of a friend





Dear Family of Love

Today I attended the Celebration of Life for a dear friend of mine who passed away after a battle with colon cancer on September 1st. She was my mentor when I first was diagnosed. Getting out to her family's ranch was a bit of an adventure. I took one road that made me get closer to Palmer Road. and Cat Canyon! That was too far South and I had to turn back and get on the right road, made a mistake after that one, turned back and got on the right road. Finally I was on the right path and the road kept going and going, and got more windier than I had remembered. Steve and I would take this rout to go looking for California Condors. I at least remembered there was a place named Valhalla on that stretch of road. I finally made it to the Bennett Ranch. The celebration was wonderful and it was wonderful to see many of my old friends. This occasion was a combination of  the Santa Maria High Drama Reunion and kind of an Irish wake. Lots of memories, love, and yes more family to be added to yours, mine, and ours. Why am I mentioning all of this ? Well dear family, it is this life is made up of curvy roads, getting lost ,trying to find one's way, and making it to one's final destination or continuing on the journey we call life or we enter into the journey to Heaven or as I call them the Thin Places. None of us are exempt from this but with God all things are possible. God travels the way with us even when we are lost. So my dear family of  love and pilgrims on our journey let us find confidence to travel this pilgrimage of prayer, love, and  peace making together wherever God takes us and may we always be breathing in the Spirit of Life, and Drinking from the Waters of Life and feel it coursing through our veins. Tonight God takes us to prayer and meditation.

Tonight let us combine our prayer and meditation time with music and photos of nature. Tomorrow we will have written prayers. I think we all need to pray in the silence of our being  and give thanks to God for all God's abundance.  Pleas pray for peace and healing of this broken world. 

Tonight for your praying meditative pleasure : I know I have been changed - Aaron Neville Album




















God of all life we pray for ourselves, family members, and all those who are grieving and in need. Send your healing and loving grace up on us this night and into tomorrow where we will meet you on the Sabbath. May we find rest and may there be peace peace making in your broken world.  We ask this in the Jesus Most Holy, Loving, and Life giving Name. Amen.

++++++

Good Night Dear Family ! I love you and am so blessed to call you family and friends. I give thanks to God for you this night and always.

Love, peace and abundant blessings be always yours!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment