Monday, January 12, 2015

Honoring our bodies, minds, and spirits! A timely reminder with flu season upon us. The yearly Getting and Staying Well and Healthy List is Here!




Dear Family of Love,

I hope you all celebrated your life today and that you remembered that today is You Matter Monday? Did you? I hope you did. Today I have spent most of it in bed due to this pesky cold that still has its hold on me. That is how I respected myself on You Matter Monday. No one should be trying to do too much when you are sick. I'm comfy and cozy as we speak writing to you in a cozy warm bed. God wants us to take care of ourselves and not push ourselves when we are ill. I have been pushing my limits health wise. This is God's way of telling me to slow down. Is God putting you on a leash when you are aren't getting the message? I'll bet if you listen hard enough you will hear God telling you "I told you to slow down!' "See I told you so!" "I sent you signs but did you listen and see?  Okay Papa Mama God I have received your message loud and clear. For many years while I was a caregiver I managed to plod through illnesses and it finally has caught up with me. I have learned my lesson and must listen and honor what my body is telling me today and always! What does this tell us? We are mortal and not indispensable. God gives us clues and we must be obedient to our bodies. Let us now more than ever head what God is telling us to do.  It's time for our yearly staying and  getting well and healthy list!

                                            Staying and Getting Well and Healthy List!
For our bodies:
Know your numbers! Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar, and Cholesterol
Keep your weight down
Stop smoking
Keep your vaccinations up to date. Get that flu shot.
Watch your eating.
Exercise
Stay home if you are sick!
Limit alcohol consumption.
Get your routine screenings! Dear brothers- Get your PSA levels checked !
If you are sun worshipers get your skin checked.
Hydrate.
See your doctor regularly. This is especially important  and not to be morbid -because anyone who hasn't seen their doctor and they die unexpectedly at home puts your death into the hands of the sheriff/coroner (This is in California) May look suspicious.  Want to eliminate this ? Have your advanced directive and if you have a DNR (Do not Resuscitate ) order posted in a safe place. Where your relatives can get at it. Prepare  your end of life requests now. HAVE THE TALK!
Get enough sleep.

For our minds:

Read,
Challenge yourself with jig saw puzzles, crosswords, word search, Sudoku,
Write
Play bridge, cribbage, chess, spite and malice, canasta, uno, gin rummy
Take courses at your local community college or online.
Parlor games.
Join a memoir group.
Garden
Learn how to do Bonsai

For our spirits:
Pray
Meditate
Read theological and spiritual works,
Read the Bible, Torah (Tanakh), or Qu'uran in one year! I'm not sure who reads this so we have to cover our bases.
Prayer walk, labyrinths, and stations of the cross.
Go on Pilgrimage
Attend your local place of worship.
Bible study
Go on retreat.
Attend the Obon Festival

Let us pray that we all may be well and healthy!


God and giver of life and health return our bodies, minds, and spirits to wholeness and may we be healed of any and all illness.
May we all be well and healthy in body, mind, and spirit.

God and giver of life and health return our country and the nations of the world to the state of peace and unity so that we all may be one with you O God.
May we all be well and healthy in body, mind, and spirit.

God and giver of life and health we pray for all who are our most vulnerable family members who are homeless, hungry, and ill-clad. We pray that they may be safe from the elements tonight.
May we all be all be well and healthy in body, mind, and spirit.

God and giver of life and health we pray for all who are dying and who have died this day that they leave this world in joy, warmth, and in your loving and sustaining arms.
May we all see death as the return to our souls to the stars and Thin Places. and be truly well and healthy in body, mind, and spirit.

God and giver of life and health we pray especially for_________________________
Mat we all be well and healthy in body, mind, and spirit.

God and giver of life and health we pray and give thanks for your Love and mercy that sustains us each nano-second that we live, move, and just be.

God and give of life and health sustain and give respite to all caregivers that they may not be afflicted with great stress and illness.
May we all be well and healthy, in body, mind, and spirit.

Jesus as you are the Great and Glorious Physician we offer these our prayers in your most holy name. Amen.

Today's wishes:

My wish for you is to know that you matter and are precious gifts. I love you!

This evening's wish is that we treat all God's children with love, respect, dignity and protection from harm.

Have you told our family members that you love them today? Have I told you that I love you today? 

I LOVE YOU! 

+++++
Good Night Dear Family of Love! I love you and may we all be well and healthy in body, mind, and spirit this night and always. May we honor what God and our bodies are telling us today. I give thanks to God for you this night and always.


Love, blessings, and health be always yours!

Sara


Diane Arkenstone Mix

























No comments:

Post a Comment