Thursday, January 1, 2015

Prayers and thoughts as we begin a New Year! Did you know that as we begin we are new beings too?




Dear  Brothers and Sisters in our Family of Love and Pilgrims on our Journey!

Happy New Year again! Well we woke up and the calendar changed to 1/1/2015! I think I like calender changes better thank time changes don't you?  I still can't believe that it is 2015! I guess we will all have to get used to it until we ask ourselves in 12 months "Where did that year go?"  This night I want to share with you how the past year has affected me and you'll be surprised what I have found. Last year in January I thought it was going to be just another run of the mill year! God showed me that I was going to have to think outside the box and not color inside the lines. When I received my cancer diagnosis I thought okay, what may kill you may make you stronger. Wasn't that the truth?  Then when Dad died two days before my first chemo session I thought "Oh no !" But then I realized that  God took him home so that He wouldn't have to worry about me worrying about him.  ! Discovered from the beginning of diagnosis  until now that I am not alone, no longer feel invisible, have a huge and loving family, and for the most part my life has changed for the good and for the benefit of God calling me to write this blog.  This past year wasn't Pollyanna all the Time there were many ups and downs but mostly ups. I learned to like art, music, and theater again. This is one odyssey I will always treasure and the the secret to all of this is Love and faith and a connection to God, you, and myself. What does this mean for the new year? I'm not sure but I do know prayer walking will be returning as part of a daily discipline. No! Not at night!  Love will always be the key and we will continue to be the Family of Love ever present one to another. Every day I will continue to tell you in wishes, greetings, and in this blog, Tweets, posts, etc. that I love you and give thanks to God for you.  As I said in today's wish :

My wish for you all today is to tell everyone who matters to you that you love them and be thoughtful and thankful as this is Being thoughtful and thankful Thursday! Remember every day is holy and we are called to be the holy people of God. I love you and give thanks to God for you this day and always.

Let us take time to meditate on this new year. Here is tonight's meditation and listening music: 

Copeland- The Promise of Living

Copeland- Fanfare for the Common Man

Paul McCartney -Liverpool Oratorio

Let us tonight pray for this new year of love, hope, peace, and joy!

God who set the Sun, Moon, Planets, and Stars in their courses set our feet on the path that you have chosen for us  with love in our heart homes and without fear.

God who set the Sun, Moon, Planets, and Stars in their courses and fixed times and seasons be with all those who are homeless, hungry, and ill clothed who do not have shelter from the cold. We pray that there maybe family members who will lovingly respond to their needs and lead them toward shelter and food.

God who set the Sun, Moon, Planets, and Stars in their courses and became incarnate as Jesus in a manger in Bethlehem or House of Bread, May we like him bring hope and proclaim the Good News in Jesus name with love and tenderness. Help us we pray to be when necessary the only Bible someone ever reads.

God who set the Sun, Moon, Planets, and Stars in their courses, we pray for peace in this fragile and broken world of yours. May we proclaim as in the words of the Prophet Isaiah: 

The Good News of Deliverance
61 The spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
    because the Lord has anointed me;
he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed,
    to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
    and release to the prisoners;
2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor,
    and the day of vengeance of our God;
    to comfort all who mourn;
3 to provide for those who mourn in Zion—
    to give them a garland instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
    the mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    the planting of the Lord, to display his glory.
4 They shall build up the ancient ruins,
    they shall raise up the former devastations;
they shall repair the ruined cities,
    the devastations of many generations.
5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks,
    foreigners shall till your land and dress your vines;
6 but you shall be called priests of the Lord,
    you shall be named ministers of our God;
you shall enjoy the wealth of the nations,
    and in their riches you shall glory.
7 Because their[a] shame was double,
    and dishonor was proclaimed as their lot,
therefore they shall possess a double portion;
    everlasting joy shall be theirs.
8 For I the Lord love justice,
    I hate robbery and wrongdoing;[b]
I will faithfully give them their recompense,
    and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
9 Their descendants shall be known among the nations,
    and their offspring among the peoples;
all who see them shall acknowledge
    that they are a people whom the Lord has blessed.
10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
    my whole being shall exult in my God;
for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
    he has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland,
    and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
11 For as the earth brings forth its shoots,
    and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring up,
so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
    to spring up before all the nations.

God who set the Sun, Moon, Planets, and Stars in their courses we pray for all those who are mourning losses of any kind, Heal their griefs by the softening of time and space.

God who set the Sun, Moon, Planets, and Stars in their courses, we continue to pray for Baby Sophia,
Those who travel especially on the icy and weather worn roads. and All of our family members who may need our love now more than ever.

God who set the Sun, Moon, Planets, and Stars in their courses, we pray for all who are going through depression , Seasonal Affective Disorder(Sad), and mental illness that they may receive help in a timely manner. We pray for their caregivers and mental health professionals.

God who set the Sun, Moon, Planets, and Stars in their courses, we pray for all who are caregivers especially those who are hospice workers at holiday time.

God who set the Sun, Moon, Planets, and Stars in their courses we pray for all who are dying that they may when it is time they may know your comfort and joy as they enter the Thin Places. We pray for all who have died during this holy season of love, hope, peace, and joy.

God who set the Sun, Moon, Planets, and Stars in their courses may we as we enter this new year sing and dance for joy with love in our heart homes because of  Your Son Jesus the Christ's coming in the world to love us, heal us, teach us and to redeem us.

God who set the Sun, Moon, Planets, and Stars in their courses we offer our prayers and those who have asked us to pray at this time remembering especially_________________

God we pray these our prayers in the Holy Name of  Jesus. Amen.

++++++

Good Night Brothers and Sisters, I love you and give God thanks for you this night and always. Take time to count your blessings and then count them twice. Let us all be beacon's of Christ's light to the world by loving, giving hope, bringing joy, and making peace this year. Let us speak truth to power and lovingly accept all of our  family members where they are and who they truly are.. Remember we love all people not some!

With love, prayers, and blessings for a wonderful new year,

Sara





























No comments:

Post a Comment