Friday, April 24, 2015

Infinity Walks, Taking Walk With Me On Our Journey to the next level with Contemplative Walks!





Dear Family of Love,

This week I have added infinity walks (8 miles) almost every day. These walks have been an amazing odyssey into to Endurance, Faith, Courage, and Resiliency.  I wouldn't have believed that I'd be able to have the stamina to do this. God has given me the stamina to walk these miles around town with other vistas that were once part of an old walking trail but with new eyes. The smaller route that I walk everyday is the same Whole Holy #3 that we see everyday. The larger route that is 5 miles takes me around town or as I call it the Big Island. Tonight as I walked the Big Island Route I found an amazing peace  of mind, body, and spirit. I can see why God walked in the Garden at the time of the evening breeze. God is always present at all times and I could feel God's presence in the breezes and in the beautiful scenery both that is familiar and different because of the time of day. As the light changed from day into evening and evening into night I could see how awesome God is in God's creation. At first I had my doubts that I could do two prayer walks a day but I find that as I have become more acclimated there is quite a bit more to pray for.  Yes, even in the silences when I don't know how or what to pray for, God gives me the courage just to stay quiet and be peaceful and enter the joy of contemplative walking. Contemplative walking is like walking the labyrinth only with distances and vistas. These special prayer walks are taking Walk With Me On Our Journey to the next level and I invite you to send in your prayer requests and concerns in twice a day. I invite you to take contemplative walks to clear the mind, refresh the body, and empower your spirit. You don't have to enter into walking 8 miles, but I encourage adding more time and miles with more prayers.

Tonight's meditation we will begin our preparation for Self-Care Saturday and Sabbath Care Sunday with prayer and meditation. It is fitting that as we are Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly without Fretting that we embark on contemplative walking on Fridays. These special infinity walks that have a timeless and peaceful qualities.  If you can't walk I suggest you use this picture of the labyrinth. 


Or you can try using  a hand held labyrinth 



Tonight let us be at prayer for a time. But first let is take time for a space in quietness and contemplation. Do our breathing exercises first Inhale the Holy Spirit and Exhale Love.Do this slowly and you may close your eyes too. Gently go deeper into the center and listen for God's still small voice and feel God's everlasting and enduring love. Tonight we will not use music but the beat our hearts and breathing. 


God we thank you for times of quiet and contemplation.  Help us to empty our minds and selves so that we may be filled with you, your love, your mercy, and your grace.

God we pray that as we are in quiet that all our baggage of today may be put away so that we may be focused ever deeply on you O God.

God we pray that as we are in quiet that you will heal all those who are ill and in pain. We leave them into your hands O God.

God we pray that as we are in quiet that  you will watch over the least of these and those who are homeless, hungry, and ill-clad.

God we pray that as we are in quiet that peace may prevail on Earth and that we may be the peacemakers  and children of God you have called us to be.

God we pray that as we are in quiet for those who mourn and are grieving any loss. We remember this night especially those who have lost employment. 

God we pray that as we are in quiet for those who are dying and have died. 

God we pray that as we are in quiet for__________________________

God we pray that as we are in quiet for our many thanksgivings especially_________________

God we pray that as we are in quiet that our prayers may be lifted up in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.



+++++++

Good Night Dear Ones, I love you! May you have a wonderful time of quiet and peace this night and always. I give God thanks for you this night and always! Tomorrow is Self-Care Saturday! A good time to take special care of you!

With love and peace of mind, body, and spirit.

Sara

























No comments:

Post a Comment