Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Special Virtual Prayer Walk -Dedicated to Province VIII -At the Province Dinner at the DOK Triennial -Zermatt Resort in Midway Utah




                                                               
                          A Special Province VIII Virtual Prayer Walk



Dear Sisters, Brothers, and Bishop and Mrs. Romero,

I invite all of you to partake in this virtual prayer walk during Triennial 
Let us begin by getting our breathing in sync with God and each other. 


Let’s do this slowly and peacefully.

Breathe in the Holy Spirit.

Exhale Love

Breathe in the Holy Spirit

Exhale Love

Breathe in the Holy Spirit

Exhale Love.

God we consecrate our feet, lives, in prayer, service, and evangelism as we set our feet upon the path that leads us to you and as we continue to Shine the Light of Christ and Carry the torch and Journey On together into the future and next Triennium.

We look and set our feet, hearts, minds, and spirits northward towards the Pacific Northwest and Alaska and give thanks for God’s Creation and pray for the conservation of God’s Cathedral of Life. We pray and give thanks for Daughters, Chapters, and Diocesan Assemblies and pray that they may continue to grow in God’s service.

We look and set our feet, hearts, minds, and spirits, southward towards the Southern parts of Province VIII , remembering our Sisters who live in Arizona and the beauty of the Grand Canyon,  the Peoples of the Hopi and Navajo Nations. We pray for future growth in Navajo-land. We pray and give thanks for all indigenous people not only here in the United States but around the world that we may seek to come to know the gifts they bring us, and the lessons they teach us daily. We give thanks for their spirit of prayer and connection to the earth. We pray and give thanks for the Daughters who live in this region and their commitment to the vow of prayer.

We look, and set our feet, hearts, minds and spirits, westward towards Hawaii, Taiwan, and Micronesia. We give thanks for all of our Sisters who live in the Pacific Island regions. We pray for possible growth in Taiwan and Micronesia. We give thanks for King Kamehameha and Emma as examples of faith and courage. We pray for all who serve the least of these remembering Damian of Molokai who ministered to the lepers. We pray and give thanks for the Daughters who live ,pray, and serve there, and their commitment to the vow of service.


We look, and set our feet, hearts, minds and spirits eastward and pray for our Sisters in Nevada and we set our prayers and hearts towards Salt Lake City and General Convention. We pray that we may boldly tell our stories to our family members throughout the world and to those who do not know you O Lord Christ.  May we continue to live out our vow of Evangelism.


We look and set our feet, hearts, minds, and spirits upon the whole of Province VIII asking God to be with us as we Journey on together in Prayer, Service and Evangelism and Shining the Light of Christ.  Saying one to another:
“The Light of Christ in Me, Recognizes the Light of Christ in you! “


A  Prayer of the Four Directions   - Chief Seattle


Great Spirit of Light, come to me out of the East (red) with the power of the rising sun. Let there be light in my words, let there be light on my path that I walk. Let me remember always that you give the gift of a new day. And never let me be burdened with sorrow by not starting over again.

Great Spirit of Love, come to me with the power of the North (white). Make me courageous when the cold wind falls upon me. Give me strength and endurance for everything that is harsh, everything that hurts, everything that makes me squint. Let me move through life ready to take what comes from the north.

Great Life-Giving Spirit, I face the West (black), the direction of sundown. Let me remember everyday that the moment will come when my sun will go down. Never let me forget that I must fade into you. Give me a beautiful color, give me a great sky for setting, so that when it is my time to meet you, I can come with glory.


Great Spirit of Creation, send me the warm and soothing winds from the South (yellow). 
Comfort me and caress me when I am tired and cold. Unfold me like the gentle breezes that unfold the leaves on the trees. As you give to all the earth your warm, moving wind, give to me, so that I may grow close to you in warmth. Man did not create the web of life, he is but a strand in it. Whatever man does to the web, he does to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment