Sunday, May 17, 2015

Bull Canyon Run and Verdi! Oh what a day! A photo diary! Part I




Dear Family of Love!

Sorry this blog is late yesterday was jammed packed with The Bull Canyon Run and the Verdi Requiem and everything else in between. The whole day was heavenly and sublime ! It is hard to capture all the emotions of this particular day. So this blog will be in two parts this will be a photo diary and tonight's we will use it as a meditation and praying in place exercise since I'm having to rest limbs, body, and wonky ankles. It was a very good Self-Care Saturday. What did you do? I hope you took care of your self.. Back to yesterday
 Yesterday I woke up around 6:00 a.m., got dressed, had a bite to eat and set out to Panther drive around Pioneer Valley High School. For the 5k walk/run we were required to be there at least a half an hour prior to our walk/run time. I saw quite a few friends and we were given our bibs and tee shirts. We got our instructions, the National Anthem was sung! We got into our 5k run/walk lane and the starting gun sounded and we were off. I was surprised how different the walking pace was than our usual prayer walking route. I walked the 5 k in less than an hour, shaving off more minutes than it takes for the  Whole Holy #3. Lots of wonderful vistas from yesterday to follow: God was most definitely with us on this walk! The weather was perfect.  Here are a few pictures from God's Cathedral of Life.


The time I left the event!


Heading towards the finish line 
 This sign tells you if you are coming and going.

 The Santa Maria River bed and Bluffs
 This made my heart sad because of the sign. Look at the dry conditions.
 Time to turn around we are half way done.
 A house en route.
 Showing my actual foot. Wearing Denali hiking/walking shoes!
 Tractor on the farm.
 More bluff pictures.
 First K done.
 East side of the riverbed
 West ward side of the river bed
 Pretty floral shrubbery !
  And we're on our way!
 Get on your mark!
 Waiting and warming up.
 Farm houses! Look at the amazing blue sky.
 2 kilometers to go!
 First vista on Panther Drive.
 Bib and Medal
 My former Spin Teacher and friend Heather.

And now some photos from the Performing Arts Center San Luis Obispo!








As you can see God is one busy artist and we get to experience this every day and give thanks to God for God's wonderful creation and blessings!

I couldn't  miss a chance to see the Cuesta Master Chorale's performance of the Verdi Requiem and got tickets on the same day when I signed up for the walk. Two of my friends who are opera singers had major soloist roles, two friends were in the orchestra, and 2 other friends were in the Master Chorale which made it a very special evening indeed. More about how music and meditation go together in tonight's blog. 

That's all for now! I love you! Enjoy the photos! I'm taking your prayer requests on Twitter and Facebook! 

Love, prayers, and blessings until then!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment