Monday, August 18, 2014

A day of rest and reflecting upon 2 years ago and now.





Dear Family of Love,

Today was a day of rest and reflecting upon 2 years ago. 2 years ago tomorrow will be the 2nd anniversary of Steve's passing I still can't believe that he has been gone 2 years,time has elapsed very quickly. I see these past two years as a kind of getting Sara ready for the future. Most of us would cower in the corner. I'm the opposite because I knew that God had a handle on things and I would add more items to my life and ministerial plate. When I look back, I can't believe all that has happened in my life and those around me. When I look back, I never would have thought that I would be a blogger, cyber -minister, be a cancer survivor who will complete treatment in October, that my dad would be with Steve, Mom, Margie, and many others in the Thin Places, and have a glorious new life which I'm enjoying without fear. I wouldn't be here except by the grace and love of God and you my family. One of Steve's favorite songs was from the Beach Boys called "Good Vibrations" That is what I'm feeling about our future with God. Here is the tune and let's celebrate Steve and his 2nd celestial birthday in Heaven; Good Vibrations 

Lord Jesus, we come to you as we always do to pray for ourselves and the needs of others.

We pray for all who remember loved ones who have died  in the past and those who have died in the present and we pray for God's comforting grace upon all  who mourn as they continue to grieve.

We pray this night for all children who are ill and need comfort and a supportive medical team.

We pray for all of our family members who are struggling with the affects of chemo and radiation.

We pray for all of our family members who are going through tough times and challenges. May we be of loving assistance to them.

We pray for peace and a growth of love in this broken and war torn world. May we lay down our verbal swords and spears and speak only peace, justice, and mercy.

We pray for all of our family members who have been abused, bullied and have been victims of violence.

We continue to pray for all students and their teachers as they return to school.

We pray for children who have lost their parents in accidents and illness. May they find loving and compassionate persons to care and love them.

We pray for all of our family members that need our love, compassion, and mercy not our criticism and hatred.

We pray for the courage to live authentically with out fear. We pray especially for the LGBTQ community.

We pray this night for all who travel.

We offer our additional prayers, thanksgivings, celebrations, and remembrances here now in the quietness of our being.

Lord, Jesus make us instruments of your peace and that we may always remember to pray for and love the least of these. 

We pray these prayers in the Name of Jesus Christ the Anointed One  who loves, heals, and has forgiven all of our sins past,present,and future. Amen.

+++++++


Good Night Dear Family! I hope I can walk tomorrow. I love you and may you have a restful and peaceful night. I give thanks to God for you this day and always.


Love and lots of it to infinity and beyond and back again and then some! That's how much I love you!

Sara























John Rutter - Gloria





No comments:

Post a Comment