Saturday, August 30, 2014

Are you having any fun? I hope you are allowing yourself to let go and let loose!





Dear Family of Love!

I'm writing this a little later than usual because, I had to go and have dinner at Alex BBQ in Shell Beach one last time before it closes its doors tomorrow. I am allowing myself date nights during chemo cycles and just because it is down right fun. Being spontaneous and having fun are important for our bodies, minds, and spirits too. Remember Jesus was a kind of party animal and knew how to eat, drink, and be merry. Wine,bread, Food, and community all had a role in the early Churches' life and should be made a part of our own as well. You can even do it on your own if you do not have a community. I have my own date nights.  Jesus taught us about life balancing. He often would stop the glorification of busy, take time for prayer and relaxation and he knew how to get away from it all. We need to do this now and during this long weekend of ours. 

So here is your prescription;

RX tomorrow; Take one dose of worship and Sabbath Care tomorrow morning. Pray, Give thanks, sing praise to God and also find solace in the Holy Eucharist.
Rest, relax, refresh, and renew your bodies minds and spirits in the afternoon. Leave things that need to be done alone.
RX Monday on Labor Day: Take time for play, fun, whimsy, and allow yourself to let go and let loose.
Still leave things alone. This weekend is for you and yours. This is Super Self-Care Weekend!


Tonight let's find peace at the center and take time to set all our worries aside in the Worry/Sabbath Box and don't look at them until Tuesday or later in the week.

Here is tonight's Relaxation Music along with a few photos from tonight! David Arkenstone -Celtic Sanctuary
















Blog News when I got home Soon we will celebrate 20,000 page views.



Prayers for today


Holy Spirit, give us rest as we prepare for our Sabbath observances tomorrow. May we awaken and be fit to serve you where ever you call us to be.

Holy Spirit, empower us to speak and practice peace in every step that we take on our journey with You, Jesus, and God our Creator and loving Parent.

Holy Spirit, Give us tender hearts to care for all of our family members. We remember that our family members are our enemies too and that we are our enemies keepers ,who are our brothers and sisters as well.

Holy Spirit, channel our energies to help make our local, state, national, and international neighborhoods places of justice, peace, kindness,mercy, and love.

Holy Spirit, surround all those who are grieving any loss but most especially loved ones, and friends. your Holy Comfort. 

Holy Spirit, enliven us so that we ma let go and let loose and have times in which to dance, sing, and be joyful with hearts and hands that are uplifted in praise and in community.

May we offer our prayers, thanksgivings, remembrances, and  celebrations to you Jesus with our voices or in the quietness of our hearts. 

May we rest gentle in your arms and awaken with joyful and loving hearts.


St. Augustine's Prayer to the Holy Spirit
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. Amen.

+++++++++++++++

Good Night Dear Family! I love you! You Matter, You bless everyone you touch daily with love. I give thanks to God for you always. Rest gentle and take time for Sabbath-Care tomorrow.

Love, joy, peace, and blessings be always yours,

Sara


Music for this evening

David Arkenstone - In the Wake of the Wind





No comments:

Post a Comment