Thursday, August 21, 2014

Looking towards the Hills




Dear Family of Love,

I'm settled in at the Topanga Canyon Inn Bed and Breakfast for the night before I go to the Getty to see the Byzantine Art again at 11:30 a.m. I want to see the icons and take my time and pray. Today I am feeling wonderfully well and know that at the soul level I have already beaten this cancer. As in Phillipians, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" and in 2nd Corinthians, this also has applied to me "9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong. i have decided that sometimes when I write God's blog that I should from time to time use scriptural references so that our family members may know where I'm coming from. I think you already do! Where I am staying is like a retreat and has many hills surrounding it. That is why I chose the title of this evening's blog "Looking towards the Hills!' after Psalm 121. I think this is a good Psalm to pray with tonight and that we may for a change of pace pray with a prayer list that I will give you.


I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From whence does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved,
    he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
    the Lord is your shade
    on your right hand.
The sun shall not smite you by day,
    nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all evil;
    he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
    your going out and your coming in
    from this time forth and for evermore.

Now listen to this : Psalm 121 - St. Paul's Cathedral 


Gracious and Loving God we pray for the following concerns:

Peace in your broken world especially:
Iraq
Syria
Israel and Gaza
The Ukraine
Ends to racial conflict. For justice, peace, and mercy and the courage to speak truth to power.
Equality and full acceptance of all God's children
Ferguson Missouri
Indigenous peoples may all immigrants have a respect for them and their lands
Refugees including those who live as undocumented farm workers in our country.
Child abuse victims and survivors. 
Those who have been forced into human trafficking.
All places where there is religious persecution
Cancer patients and survivors
The least of these
Those living with addiction and are in recovery.
Those contemplating suicide. For the courage to reach out for help and for their family members and friends.
Those who have suffered strokes and who will be undergoing rehabilitation
For those seeking medical care for unknown or hard to diagnose conditions
Children who are ill
Those who can't lay down their burdens
Caregivers of every kind.  If you care you are a caregiver.
Those who minister through the arts.
Those who are mourning losses afresh and those who continue on in the grieving process.
All social service agencies and foundations. You may pray for the agency or foundation that is meaningful to you.
Your personal prayer list may be added!
Gracious and loving God accept our prayers and on behalf of our family members to your Glory and in the Name of Your Son Jesus. Amen.

++++++
Good Night Dear Family of Love! I love you and you can count on this forever. Remember you matter, I have your back, and am loyal to you always. Don't forget you can count on me and if you need me please reach out. You can email me, DM me on Twitter, and PM me on Facebook.
May we all find rest for our bodies, minds, and spirits this night. I give thanks to God for you this night and always.

Love and lots of it!

Sara
















No comments:

Post a Comment