Friday, August 22, 2014

A return to the Getty Villa !





Dear Family of Love,
I debated whether or not to write tonight but, I decided I would. Today was a series of  hits and misses. That can either send you over the wall or you can meet new things with a smile and undaunted courage. I chose a smile and undaunted courage. I got lost on Topanga Canyon Road and almost ended up in Woodland hills. Then I realized I needed to go back the way I came. I should have gone towards the opposite direction when I left the Topanga Canyon Inn Bed and Breakfast. I rallied and went in the right direction. Just like God wants us to do. Topanga Canyon looks a lot like HippieVille. Lots of weird looking shops. That made the journey down the canyon roads even more enchanting and odd at the same time. When I got to PCH I missed the turn off to the Getty and had to go up a hill and make a turn about and get back to where I was going. I found out that I had misplaced my ticket and asked the guard at the gate what to do and he said go to the kiosk and they should have my name. Don't worry if that should happen to you because they have everyone's name on the list and they take debit cards for the parking fee of 15.00 dollars.I parked the car and approached yet again the familiar but this time with a sunny day and very quiet for a Friday. That helped to set the meditative tone yet again. As I approached the Byzantine art I asked myself if I would feel the same awestruck emotions as I had earlier in the month? Guess what? I felt more emotional than before. Probably due to it being Friday and Fridays remind all of us about Good Friday and Jesus' Crucifixion and the days leading up to it. When I saw the Icon of the Transfiguration again It was even more empowering. We all need to be transfixed, transfigured, and transformed. Today it felt an even more holy experience if you can call ti that. B It was and I feel more attuned to the journey that we all are making in our lives at every moment of the day. So my family members may we all find our journey together as one of love, trust, and unity. We don't need to go down that negative canyon of hate,fear and worry. We need to embrace each day of our journey that even takes us on different routes and more exciting adventures. I look forward even getting lost because it gives me mental strength and ways to rely on God to get me out of the place that I was. We can always trust the Good Shepherd. He will find us even if we end up near the freeway or having to make strange turns and even when I had to learn how to get out of a parking area backwards this morning.  Prayer helps and a not so insistent GPS that keeps telling you to make a legal U Turn when it isn't feasible , and I don't mean Gentle Priority Shifting System helps. 

Tonight let us pray as we did yesterday and this time we will listen to the following set of music:

Windham Hill - The Impressionists


Gracious and loving God we pray this night for the following concerns!

Those who do not have access to safe transportation

We pray for all of our family members who keep us safe from harm in our cities and throughout the world.

We pray for all family members who are separated one from another.

We continue to pray for all those who are in abusive relationships that they may be given the courage to get help and get out.

We pray for peace in this your broken world. Come Lord Jesus and Help us to make peace in our land and the world. We pray for justice, mercy, and peace,

We pray that we may lovingly reclaim the children that you have made us to be and life authentically with acceptance.

We pray for all those who are ill in body, mind, and spirit.

We pray for rain and conservation of God's Cathedral of Life.

Lord Jesus, help us to lay down our worries in the worry/Sabbath box and prepare for our Sabbath weekend and Self-Care Saturday.

May we continue to love and respect each of your children our family members even those who hate, wish us harm, and bully us.

May we continue to discern our vocations and new life paths and say Yes to your call.

May we pray the concern's of last evening's prayer list with love and add anything that is missing.


God we lay these our prayers in the loving arms of your Son Jesus the Christ who redeems, heals, and sets our feet on right pathways and calls us to walk with him on our Journey of life. Amen.

++++++


Good Night Lovely Family ! I love you and may you have a blessed rest and wake up joyful and that you may have a wonderful Self-Care Saturday. I give thanks to God always for you  this day and always. 

Love and peace be always yours,


Sara
























Lakme - Flower Duet


No comments:

Post a Comment