Friday, October 9, 2015

It's a day to celebrate our 90,323 page views since Walk With Me On Our Journey began! Reminiscing with two blogs intertwined from 2 years ago and a year ago! They tell a story all their own.




Dear Family of  Love and Pilgrims on Our Journey!

It is time to get out our party hats, noise makers, confetti, fire works (Handel's Music for the Royal Fireworks will do) and put on our prayer walking and boogie shoes! We have reached a milestone that even I never thought I'd see did you? 90,323 page views! It's thrilling to note that two years ago on this date we had just for that day 43 page views and today 326. For a time of reminiscence let us take time to read that particular blog that we had two years ago, it still speaks to us today:


A wonderful day with lots of wonder, love, joy, gratitude, and common threads coalescing! A Big Wow in the awe department!


Good Evening Dear Family on our Journey!

When I got up this morning I hadn't any idea that some of the zingers or little tidbits of inspiration would be common themes in this blog! The themes or as they call them in social media, threads were Wonder, Gratefulness, love, and Joy. I must say that having these themes come up from two family members who do not know each other  is a little bit wind chimey to say the least. I seem to be a conduit for these wonderful opportunities and times of grace. I give thanks to these family members whom I dearly love as I dearly love you all as well, for their contribution to tonight's blog!  Can you feel the warm fuzzies and see my smile in your hearts? I hope so. 

Today I kept wondering what  I would say in this blog but, seeing and feeling the rain gave me the sense and wonder of God's creation and amazement how good and cleansing the first fall rain is. Did any of you have time to feel it, smell it, be grateful for it? Gratitude  and being grateful is important now more than ever before. Sometimes we get too busy to actually be grateful and not take things and family members(people) for granted. I'm grateful for all of you who decide to read this blog. I'm getting misty-eyed here! That's ok. It shows that we have an emotional and spiritual connection built on love and trust.  Joy is another one of those words and feelings that are also called fruits of the Spirit. Some of the themes of this blog contain them; love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. I would add gratitude and being grateful to these as well.

At our Wednesday morning Holy Eucharist and Healing service we had a lesson from Isaiah 11:1-10 and the prophet Isaiah put together all kinds of animals who shouldn't belong together and they were living peacefully. It reminded me that we are all in this together and we need to drop all the antagonism and get on with the business of loving one another and to stop setting up barriers that prevent us from doing so. There are no barriers here. We are all on this journey together. I love you very much, I give thanks to God for you, Writing and bringing this blog is a joy, and I love finding and seeing and bringing the wonder of God's creation to you every day.

Love and Peace of Mind.

Sara

Here are the prayers and meditation from a year ago today!

 Tonight's musical selection is  Autumn Music  

Now as you begin to listen to Autumn Music let your hearts and minds be still and that you may go  deeper into peace's center. Find that special place where you and God or Higher Power meet. Take out your list and tell God what you are most thankful for: Say the list either aloud our silently to God and yourself. 

I am thankful for God who made me.
I am thankful for my Faith in God who sustains me.
I am thankful for my life.
I am thankful for laughter and love.
I am thankful for God's abundance, love, mercy, and inclusion.
I am thankful for all of you dear family.
I am thankful for clothes to wear, a roof over my head, and food to eat.
I am thankful for the many healing prayers said for me during this journey with cancer.
I am thankful for many diverse ministries that God has called me to and set before me.
I am thankful for the little joys that mean so much. 
I am thankful that I can love others as God loves me.
I am thankful  that I am courageous enough to live alone.
I am thankful for peace in my heart.

Now as we turn our hearts towards our time of prayer  we ask that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit be in our midst.  We give thanks for their loving and sustaining presence in our hearts, bodies, minds, and spirits and most especially in our lives.

We pray especially this night for all those who have been affected by police shootings in the Shaw Neighborhood in St. Louis. We pray for the families, victims, and the communities. We also lift up the city of Ferguson  for peace and understanding and an alleviation of all tensions.  We thank you for the clergy who are silently protesting. 

We pray this night for peace in God's fragile and broken world. May we as Children of God become blessed peacemakers and help soothe and care for the tenderhearted who are living in fear, terror, and adversity.

We pray this night for all those who are in need of healing of body, mind, and spirit. We pray for the healing of those who are living with chronic and mental illnesses. May we as their caregivers and friends offer them solace and a soft place in which to fall. We remember them now by name____________

We pray this night for all those who are the least of these that  they may find shelter, food, and clothing. Give us courage to step up and help . 

We pray for all agencies and organizations that help minister to the needs of children, women, those who have been abused, chronic disease research and patient care.  We remember especially this month: All Breast Cancer foundations, A.I.D.S. foundations, and Alzheimer's foundations.

We pray for all faith communities and the clergy who minister to them . We pray for a climate of love, dignity, and respect for all our family members who differ from us and that we may grow in love and unity towards and with them.

We pray and give thanks for all Caregivers: Remembering : Family members, Clergy, home health, hospice workers, mortuary ministries, EMTs., Police, Firefighters, Troops, day care workers, teachers and anyone else who provides care and protection for us. 

We pray this night for all refugees,immigrants, captives, political prisoners, prisoners, those who are victims of human trafficking and slavery. and all who are in danger and have been victims and survivors of domestic violence and abuse.

We especially pray for all the leaders of  the nations of the world and especially our President that they may do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with their God and that they may have the courage to lead in times of trouble and in times of plenty.

We add our additional prayers, thanksgivings, remembrances, and celebrations to you  Lord Jesus as we pray lovingly in their names  and ours ________________ We pray these our prayers in Jesus most holy and life giving name. Amen.


++++++++++

Good Night Dear Family of Love! I love you and give thanks to God for you this night and always. Remember that we all must put on an attitude of gratitude and show that gratitude to all people. We all must start living by example. We need to walk the walk and talk the talk. Don't forget today is the day where we  put all our worries, fears, anxieties into the Worry/Sabbath box until Monday! Today  is Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly without Fretting.


With love and thanksgiving for all of you as we walk this journey lovingly as one together,

Sara





















My favorite celebration Music!




No comments:

Post a Comment