Friday, October 2, 2015

Making good use of our time and finding balance with our faith, God, and journey into holiness.




Dear Family of  Love and Pilgrims on our Journey!

Is it Friday already? I can't believe that we are in October and another week has gone by. I don't know about you but some months have us feel like we are trudging along in the mud and others feel like we are on the Concord going a Mach 7. How does time fit in with our journey of faith and living?  I ask myself these questions quite a bit and the answers are never quite the same. Today time wasn't like a NASCAR race, it was at a good pace and one could catch one's breath and move on to the next task easily without having to hurry up and slow down or slow down and hurry up. Today for me I decided not to find myself in the glorification of busy. Last evening after I put the blog to bed I went out and got something to eat at Denny's and had a cup of coffee! Bad move on my part because I couldn't sleep. I even got up and watched an old Columbo! God is forever reminding me that I am not a Spring Chicken and can't be doing these things. I seem to be embracing the YOLO (You Only Live Once) principle a lot because I never had this kind of fun when I was growing up and I feel like in the episode of Gidget where Richard Dreyfuss played a nerdy guy who was "A Late Blooming Valentino!" I'm a late bloomer alright but it doesn't help me at times to focus and be centered into all things that are holy and faith oriented. What does that say about each of us? I think we all need times to cut loose and at the same time remember that we must take time for God and keeping on our life's Journey into holiness.  Tonight let us spend some needed quiet time and also place our weekly worries, anxieties, fears and all other things that are troubling us into our Worry/ Sabbath Box or Jar.
Let's take time to meditate upon making good use of our time and finding,balance with our faith, God, and journey into holiness. You may use your own breathing exercises and mindfulness time so that you can discover what your own meditation time will work for you. Don't forget that today is also Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly without fretting and that we are preparing for our Sabbath Rest and Self Care weekend. Please keep that in mind as you meditate. 

As this Sabbath weekend let us listen to Moses The Lawgiver Theme- Ennio Morricone

The prayers for tonight come from last year's blog: Tonight From the City of Roses

Let us be at prayer: 

We pray this night for all family members who have been made by God and are brothers and sisters of God and Abraham. We pray and seek to be loving and united as one.

We pray this night and in the daylight hours for peace in our hearts, lives country and the world.
May we live justly, be merciful, and walk with God with gentle and loving steps in humility and grace.

We pray for our family members who are ill that they may be healed comforted, and relieved of pain and suffering.

We pray for the banishment of hate, fear, indifference and cruelty.

We pray for all who are traveling and we remember especially those who are alone and afraid waiting in all transit areas.

We pray for all who mourn that they may be relieved and comforted.

We pray for all who are pre-grieving that they may find solace in you and their family members.

We pray for all who are dying and have made that sacred journey into the Thin Places where they may find joy, light and wholeness.

We offer our prayers for ourselves and on behave of others.

We give thanks and praise for all that you have done for us God. We offer our thanks to you this night with love , joy, and with grateful hearts.

We lay our bodies minds, and spirits and take our rest that we may greet the day with joy, love. and a willingness to serve you in your kingdom. We lift up our prayers in the Holy Name of Jesus. Amen.


Good Night my dear Brothers and Sisters. I call you that because we are one family of love and  God's children. May you have a blessed rest.. I love you and Give God thanks for you this night and always.


Peace in three languages Peace, Shalom and Salaam this night and always!

Sara





























Please Pray and remember:




No comments:

Post a Comment