Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A gentle tap on the shoulder




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Life's Journey together


Today is day 2 with Can Can and I have had more energy and enthusiasm than the previous 3 cycles. I even participated in our Holy Eucharist and Healing Service at the church this morning and yes Can Can was attached. Today I wasn't sure what I was going to do around our prayer walking time, when I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder telling me "Sara you are needed at the Caregiver Support group at Mission Hope Cancer Center!" and "I (God) need your presence there and people need to hear and be with you and you need to be with them!:"That's just what I did and I am so very glad that I did ! Prior to tonight's sharing they had a harpist playing lovely meditative music. I was able to help many of the caregivers who are no longer actively caring for others to start being a caregiver to themselves and help those who are actively caring for loved ones to start taking care of themselves. I was happy to offer my love, understanding, and compassion to this group who are going through more difficult times than I. We all are to be here for one another. After the meeting! Yes I prayer walked but in a different place!  I Prayer walked  at Marian Regional Medical Center's Healing and prayer courtyard and prayer walked their labyrinth after the Caregiver Support Group! I might start doing this prior to and after my chemo on chemo days and when I have my pump a.k.a. Can Can detached. That way I can get in prayer walking and meditative time. I feel marvelous and at peace. Tonight let's do our reflection and praying at the center for 10 with harp music and take time to throw away the worries and let go of all the anxieties. 

Lisa Lynne Circle of Joy There are more videos and you may want to listen to them while we pray after this!

Gracious God we give you thanks for the day past and for the day to come. 

We pray this night for all of our family members who are fighting cancer and many other potentially life threatening illness and their caregiving support teams.

We pray for peaceful resolutions to the many war torn areas of the world especially in the lands of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. We pray for all who are in danger and especially those not of the Islamic faith. We pray for safety for all of those who work in embassies and consulates. 

We pray for our Islamic brothers and sisters who are fasting during Ramadan and that they may know that the majority of them do not engage in terrorist acts and practice peace.

We pray for those who are discerning vocations and new life paths and that those who are seeking well paying employment may find it and those who have new employ may have that forever job.

We pray for all Women and Children who are being denied civil and human rights We pray for an end to violence against women and girls.

We pray for loving acceptance of all your beloved children who were made your image and likeness.

We pray for all caregivers that they may become good caregivers to themselves.

We pray for all who mourn and are preparing to lay their loved ones to rest and that they may find family and friends willing to show loving compassion and step up to care.

We pray for those who are in hospital and awaiting surgery that they may feel the your healing arms around them and that their bodies, minds, and spirits may accept your healing and that they may be made whole.

God we offer our own prayers, thanksgivings, celebrations and remembrances to you in the silence of our hearts for_______________

We pray for all the homeless, hungry, marginalized, those who are afraid  this night. We pray that the homeless may find shelter and that there may be varieties of shelters to meet their needs and help our local faith communities and agencies may realize that there isn't a one size fits all approach to homelessness.

All these prayers we ask in your son Jesus' Name. Amen.

Pictures from tonight's prayer walk, I think of these places as houses of healing and holy places in which to pray.

Taken at Mission Hope Cancer Center, Marian Regional Medical Center, and The newly installed Healing and Prayer Garden and Courtyard. I prayer walked the labyrinth tonight and carried and prayed our prayer requests.





























Good Night my dear ones, I love you very much and and I give thanks to God for you this night and always. Don't forget tomorrow is Being Thoughtful and Thankful Thursday. Wear an attitude of gratitude and practice random acts of kindness.

Love, joy, and blessings !

Sara






No comments:

Post a Comment