Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Having my cage rattled and my heart broken!






Dear Family of Love,

I come before you this day with both my cage rattled and my heart broken. This morning when I woke up I thought today was going to be a happy one with lots of energy. The energy part was right but the happy part not so much. This morning when I opened our local newspaper my first thing that I do is to check the obituaries. Something I have the habit of doing just to make sure our parish or former members hadn't fallen through the cracks. As I was reading I came across and obituary of a young woman who looked familiar and then it hit me in the chest and in my heart that I knew her. Her name was/is Melissa. She was sitting in the treatment chair in the infusion room next to mine a week ago Tuesday. I couldn't believe that she who was full of life was gone. I was hoping to get to know her better. You see that all of us who have chemo on certain days of the week become family and we get to know who is the room with us. I'm going to miss Melissa and I grieve her loss. You see, those of us who have cancer join a family in an instant by a disease that bonds us for life no matter life's length and breadth. That's what had my heart broken. Seeing the pictures and hearing the stories of the children from Central America who are making treks in a refugee pilgrimage to seek asylum in our country that was early on a place of refuge for many had my cage rattled. I'm beginning to think that all of our family members who are "The Least of these" are not illegal immigrants but refugees from across our Southern Borders. They all meet the criteria of a refugee they ( Our family Members) are escaping political, violence, religious persecution, and economic poverty. Our family members are no different than the people of Syria fleeing into Jordan. We all need to be looking at every person no matter how long they live or where they come from as a full family member for that my dear sisters and brothers is what we are and what God is calling us to be. Let us take time for reflection with this peace of music and then we will have prayer.

The Summons 

Holy God we come before you this night with many things on our heart and minds.
We ask that you be with us as we pray for ourselves and others.

We pray in remembrance of those who have entered the Thin Places and for all who mourn especially_____________

We pray for all those who are receiving hospice care and who are dying. We pray for our family members,hospice workers, clergy, and friends who sit vigil at bedside.

We pray for all refugees who are seeking asylum in any country. We especially pray for the children from Central America who are child refugees on their  way to this country. Help us to be welcoming to all refugees where ever they may come from  Help us to fine tune our thinking and recognize that our family members who may be illegal immigrants may be actually refugees. Help us to see them as The Least of These.

We pray for all who are ill and have chronic illnesses and pain. That they may be healed, comforted, and that their suffering will be relieved.

We pray that there may be peace in this world ant that we may be united in love as Your Family O, God.

We pray for all our most vulnerable family members who are in need of  shelter, food, clothing, medical care, and a comforting  and compassionate ear and soft place to fall.

We pray for the stranger, resident alien, and all of our family members whom we have yet to meet. May we be welcoming, loving, and compassionate.

God settle our bodies, minds, and spirits as we take our rest tonight. Be with those who have asked us to pray especially____________ heal, relieve, comfort and may they feel your abiding love and presence. 

All this we ask in Jesus Most Holy Name. Amen.

****************

Good Night Dear Family! Thank you for letting me share my day with you and may you all have a blessed and restful night. I love you and I Give God thanks for you this day and always!


With love, gratitude, and compassionate heart,

Sara












Prayerful Instrumental Music

No comments:

Post a Comment