Sunday, July 27, 2014

Happy Feet Prayer dancing and dancing for joy!




Dear Family of Love,

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Sabbath day and that you managed to get rest, re-create, refresh, and renew. I was able to do that today when I attended The Obon Festival put on by the Guadalupe Buddhist Church. It is always a special time to be with our local Buddhist and Japanese community.Our family's affiliation goes way back to the beginning of  Dad and his ownership of Guadalupe Hardware our family business. It is always wonderful to represent my family at this event especially when we are  sponsors. My fondest memory is when one of the ladies took me out to the dance floor when I was a little girl. This is what I looked like as a little one. 

This was the first Obon Festival that I had attended after my dad's passing!  The Obon festival is like All Saint's day or any festival and holy day that is set aside to remember our  loved one who have passed. My feet healed well enough for me to be able to dance with joy to almost all the dances. While I was dancing I prayed for many of you so as you can see, I prayer danced.  There are many places and ways to pray. Tonight let's make a list while listening to this music :Vanstone's Morning Glory Starlit Sky
My list includes:
Prayer walking,
Walking labyrinths
Stations of the Cross
Prayer dancing
In church
At home
While you work, rest, or play
At school (As long as you aren't making a big show of it, it is okay) 
Centering prayer
Walking silently in God's Cathedral of life
At a loved one's bedside
Hospital Chapel
At a stop light or sign
Waiting to cross the street
Walking the pier and on the beach
Having Chemotherapy
Waiting at the Doctor's office
Pilgrimages

This night we pray for peace in the world especially the entire Holy Land (Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Iraq, Palestine, Jordan, and Egypt)  We pray that all parties may remember God's commandments not to kill  or do murder and that all persons need to love their enemies.

We pray for all who are struggling with cancer especially our family members whom we name before you.

We pray for all who are facing many challenges this night remembering_______________

We pray for an end to violence and terror.

We give thanks for our family and pray that we may continue to love them as you love us.

We remember and pray for all those who have died and those who are dying.

We pray and give thanks for all of our faith communities and their leadership that they may continue to pastor with a servant's heart.

We pray for rain in the drought parched areas of our country and the world.

We pray for all those who are artists and who create beauty in painting, music, theatre, sculpture, writing, poetry, pottery, and  all other forms of creativity.

We pray this night for all those who are homeless, hungry, and on the margins.

We pray that we might have find rest and relaxation.

We pray for anything that is on our hearts and minds this very moment especially____________

We lift up these our many prayers to you Jesus, in your most Holy Name. Amen.

++++++
Good Night Dear Family of Love! I love you, you matter, and I give God thanks for you this day and always!


Peace, love, and joy be yours,


Sara

























Kitaro

Samples from  Obon Festival dances. We did  the two below today!

Bon Dance Hawaii -Tanko Bushi


One Plus One Ondo









No comments:

Post a Comment