Saturday, July 12, 2014

Spiritual Chemotherapy : Forgiveness as part of healing one's body, mind, and spirit.





Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on our Life's Journey Together!

It is with great joy that I tell all of you this night that I returned to the old walking loop tonight. I was emotionally  ready to run the bases at Simas Park but was physically unable to but will wait until I am stronger. For those of you who are new to the blog, Running the bases means I physically go down to the softball diamond at Simas Park and run the bases as a test of physical  stamina . One of the reasons why I did the Whole Holy #3 and the old loop was to make peace with the  locations where the Santa Maria Groper assaulted me. As part of healing my body, mind, and spirit I felt it was necessary to go back and visit these places tonight. I stopped and prayed and did what we who are doing the #ForgivenessChallenge that Archbishop Desmond Tutu and his daughter have started. I prayed for my assailant and those whom he victimized and yes I have forgiven him. It is necessary for my body, mind, and spirit not to hold onto harmful thoughts and past actions (things that I have done, done to me  and anything else I need to let go of) so that I may heal properly and free up disk space to love and live more fully. I viewed this time as a special kind of spiritual  chemotherapy necessary for healing. After I got home I felt a peace that only God can give and not at all afraid to take the Old Traditional Route. 

Tonight as part of preparation for tomorrow's Sabbath Rest and worship I would like to suggest that everyone spends time in reflection and writing down your worries,things that needs to be let go of so that when we worship tomorrow our bodies, minds and spirits may be ready to hear and receive all the goodies God has in store for us. Don't forget  to make forgiving and asking for forgiveness part of this.  Let's take time now and listen to this piece of music: 

Samuel Barber -Adagio For Strings

Heavenly and most gracious God we pray for this night:

We pray for forgiveness of anything we have done amiss and that we may be the loving and forgiving children of God that you have made us to be.

For the peace of Your world and especially in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and in particular that there may be a peaceful resolution to the violence between Israel and Hamas. We pray that all of our family members may remember that we are Children of God first and of Abraham, Sarah , and Hagar second and that we are brothers and sisters too.

We pray for all the 51 million refugees throughout the world that they may receive aid and comfort.

 We pray that we may offer hospitality and welcome and be places and people of sanctuary.

For the least of these and those who may feel invisible and outcast.

For the homeless and hungry who haven't any access to shelter or food on the weekends. We pray for generous hearts that will help.L

We pray for all those who are ill and hospitalized on the weekends that good medical care may be made available. 

We pray for all caregivers and those who take their places on weekends.

We pray for all who travel and are on pilgrimage throughout the world. 

We pray for all who mourn losses of loved ones and employment.

We pray for all who are discerning vocations to the ordained ministry and new life paths.

We pray especially for all of our family members who have asked us for prayer especially______________

We give thanks for everything that you O God have given us today especially____________

We  lay these our prayers at the feet of your Son Jesus. Amen.


******

Good Night my dear and lovely family! I love you ! You matter! May you find rest for your bodies, minds, and spirits.


With love and joy to the brim overflowing!


Sara









The first site where I was assaulted ! Pray for all who have been assaulted and those who do these acts of violence and abuse.


 The Second site where I was assaulted may we pray that all of us who were victims may become valiant survivors and speak truth to power and not be afraid to tell our stories and give reports to law enforcement. Give us courage to forgive those who have done us harm.













Nimrod- Elgar


Baroque Adagios Mix






No comments:

Post a Comment