Sunday, July 6, 2014

Taking today's Gospel reading to heart and as great advice! Rest is called for this day!





Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Life's Journey Together!

I hope everyone had a blessed Sunday and Sabbath Rest. I knew today after serving at the 8:00 a.m. service that I would be coming home and not doing much except going out to get lunch at Casa Manana. In today's Gospel reading from Matthew, Jesus gave us all some really good advice and especially me, who tends to sometimes be a kind of wind up toy with lots of energy with no direction or purpose. Does that sound like you when you keep feeling the need to be busy even when your body says "NO" ? Many of us have this. In the Gospel of Matthew Jesus gave us this peace of advice that should be etched into our bodies, minds, and spirits "Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Jesus was the best at finding balance than anyone I know. He knew when to take time for resting, prayer, and creating time and space away from our Family Members of Old and gave us permission to be alone and not feed into  life's glorification of busy. Following Jesus means looking at the things He did to be healthy in body mind, and spirit. This is all a part of loving yourself! Loving yourself extends to your body, mind, and spirit. No one is exempt from this if  we want to live long in the body that God has given us. This week's challenge for each of us and that includes me as well is this: Stop, Look, and Listen to what is going on in our bodies, minds, and spirits! Remember that every day we should be taking time to reflect, relax, and refresh and have prayer at the center with our suggested 10 minute meditation prior to our prayer time. Very important for all of us now more than ever. I invite you to sit back and listen to these pieces of music and find peace at the center.

The 23rd Psalm -Bobby McFerrin

Veni Sancte Spiritus -Taize

Ubi Caritas -Taize


God we pray this night for all who are in pain in body, mind, and spirit that they may feel you healing and loving presence. 

We pray for peace on Earth and that we may become the Family of God that you have called us to be. May we break down the walls and borders that divide us.

We remember this day all of our Family Members who are returning from the long weekend and for traveling mercies.

We pray this night for all who have to spend weekends in the hospital or any care facility.

We pray for all those who are seeking healthy employment and workplace conditions. 

We pray that we all may learn to stop the glorification of busy and learn to rest and be at peace

We pray this night for all children and for their safety during the Summer months.

We pray for all those who have addiction, mental illness, and memory disorders.

We pray that we may be able to be better listeners at heart and soul level.

We pray for all of our Family Members who keep us safe from harm.

We pray that we may be learn to take care of  Your Cathedral of Life and that we may stop being wasteful. 

We pray for all of our Family Members not just the ones we are related to by blood but through our common humanity. May we learn to love them more each and every day that we, live, move and be.

We pray especially for_________________________

Jesus help us to etch these words in our bodies, minds, and spirits "Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

We ask these our prayers in Your Name Lord Jesus. Amen























****

Good Night My Dear Ones! I love you and may you have a night full of rest, relaxation, and renewal. May you wake up happy, joyous, and refreshed. i give thanks to God for you this day and always!


Love, prayers, blessings, and peace,


Sara














No comments:

Post a Comment