Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Nippy Night on the Trail! Taking time to be thoughtful about your safety!




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Journey!

It was a nippy night on the trail! How nippy was it Sara? It was so nippy that I wanted to stop in at maybe one or two taverns or  a wine bar for a nip. Not really I can promise you that will not be part of our prayer walking time. Right now in Santa Maria we have dropped to 50 degrees and I will be right back so that I can turn the heat on! As Goldie Hawn said in Laugh In "Don't go back we'll be right away!' I'm back! Did you miss me? I missed you! I did the Broadway loop tonight and it was a quiet Thursday evening. I sneaked up to the door of Shaw's Steakhouse to take a picture of the wreathe. I'm thinking of going there for a late dinner tomorrow. The smell of Santa Maria Style BBQ and the petite fillet mignon wafted through the air as did our Mexican restaurants.  I took a few photos quite a few around Santa Maria High School where I attended from 1974 -1978. I couldn't believe that I had walked for 90 minutes! I feel good walking and have to curtail my mileage at night because I'll never stop! I guess I enjoy God's Cathedral of Life so much and feel so peaceful that it is hard to come in from the cold. 

A few safety suggestions for every one to think about this season!

Be aware  of your surroundings and don't get distracted !

Drive safely and take time to get to your destination. Watch the slick roads and keep your car the appropriate distance away from other vehicles.

Put down the phone, make up, and burger before you put your hands on the steering wheel. Think of this song!Put Down the Duckie ! Click on the link!

Get your car serviced and make sure that you are following all the maintenance services recommended by your car's manufacturer. I had my car smogged today and found out that I needed new belts! Don't ignore squeaks or strange sounds.

Have a list of emergency numbers in your phone and on your refrigerator. Also keep a list of all medications you take and your loved ones with you. Update it after every doctor visit.

Turn on that porch light!

Make sure your footwear are in good condition.

Watch your purses, wallets, murses (man purse), back packs, and briefcases !

Keep track of your credit cards! Target may only be the tip of the iceberg!

Lock the doors to your home, car, and if you are working alone at your office off hours.

Don't leave appliances running and check your chimney and dryer vents.

Plan your days accordingly. Keep an umbrella in your car or bag!

Don't wear a lot of bling to attract attention! As one of the characters Edward, I think, in "Upstairs Downstairs told Hazel, "No Diamonds in the Country!" I wear a little, but when I walk I leave it at home.

Make sure someone knows where you are and where you are going if it is in the evening.

These are it for now. Just know that I want you to be safe and that I love you! You are the best.

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed night! I love you, you matter, and I feel so blessed to have you with me on our journey! May we continue our journey of  Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love.

Love and peace of mind and where are your car keys in case you need them?

Sara



































Baby it's Cold Outside!

Come in from the Rain

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

O Radix Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment