Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Have you remembered to take care today?


Dear Family of Love and pilgrims on our Journey!

I can't believe it! I walked the old traditional route tonight in honor and in thanksgiving of all that God has given me. We often make our prayers a lot of gimme gimme. We need to be praying and offering thanksgiving too. We really can't have one without the other. When a prayer is answered we must give thanks. We also should be thanking God in advance while we are praying. Manners are very important in our lives and some times those magic words of Please and Thank You get lost in prayer and in the praise. My dad has gotten into saying "I'll have...." instead of "please may I have" So let's mind our manners when we are in conversation with God and with each other. Simple manners and acts of kindness can go a very long way. We also need to be mindful of those who are singles of any stripe during this time of year and always. They should be on a list somewhere so that they can be asked to join in. This is a hard time of the year for us, who for some reason or other  are not included or invited to parties. Extending yourself will not kill you! 

Have you remembered to take care today? I hope you have. I'm keenly aware that all of us who are involved in ministry of on kind or another are always stressed out during this time of year and in the Holy Week and Easter season. We all need  to be on our best health behavior.  Here is a short body, mind, and spirit checklist:

Have you gone outside to enjoy God's Cathedral of life?
Have you unplugged and let silence be golden?
Are you watching your eating and drinking habits?
Are you getting exercise?
Don't forget to do an occasional crossword puzzle or something to enrich your mind! 
When was the last time you have taken time for fun?
Is there some group offering a carol or Messiah Sing along? If there is, go! 
Have you started a holiday memory book? Remember some of our older people may not be around forever and it's a good time to get their memories down. O how I wished I had done this with my mother/ Have a few people in your family become keepers of the lore! 
Take time for you and you alone!
Make your own kind of spa day! 
Dear brothers and guy pals  of mine, take time to be with buddies, play sports, read, go to the barber and have a facial. Men have mani pedis too! I know a few of you like to go to clubs and listen to marvelous music. Go Fishing, take a walk or go for a run. Go golfing! It may be too late but become a Big Brother! 
Light fragrant candles. 
Go see a film, listen to music, take a drive!
If you are a single and unattached person like me, have your own date night! Just leave the blow up doll at home please.
I'm sure there are others, I know there are! You need to find the fun! You find the fun! and snap the fun's a game! (A little liberty on Just a Spoonful of Sugar!)

That should give you enough fodder for taking care of you! Remember when we fly on an airplane they tell us to put the oxygen mask on ourselves first and then help our children and others! If we don't start taking care of ourselves how will we be able to take care of others? Think about it!

Remember I love you, you matter, and I want you to take care of yourself! We all have to take care, as we continue our journey of Hope, Peace, Joy, to the Manger of Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love  in a week's time. 

Love and peace of mind as I give thanks to God for you this day and always!

Sara


























Today's Great O Antiphon:
O Sapientia - O Wisdom SSJE

O Come, O Come Emmanuel

Hark the Glad Sound


1 comment:

  1. Sarah: An excellent checklist. I believe I will print and pin to the cork board above both my desk at home and at work.Cheers, sister! Rogena

    ReplyDelete