Monday, December 16, 2013

Time for the Hakuna Matata (No Worries ) Post!






Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on our Journey!

I have been sensing a lot and I mean quite a lot of anxious worries and stress happening within our family and also in our larger cyber family too. It's time to stop and not get wound up and stressed out. God (Jesus) told us not to be! So don't get into this kind of trap, it only serves to hurt you and those around you. Sometimes anxiety can be worse for those who aren't able to fix, help, or understand what you or your loved one is going through. Susan Powter had a book and video called "Stop the Insanity!" I'm telling you (us) to do the same. "Stop the Insanity!" All this stuff gets one is a very tense body, a messed up and jumbled mind that may become seriously mono-focused, and a restless spirit. Not good if you are trying to find balance in your life and keep in check. With Christmas and those awful New Year's resolutions coming up one does not need to heap all the un-necessary garbage on top of one's life. I'm not and neither should you! Here are a few helpful suggestions that might be of help!

Do not be anxious! Jesus was very helpful  and I don't know how he did that in his time and in ours, but he did and still does! That tells me that God isn't into anxiety either. We have a lot to learn.

Make a list of all the worries on sticky notes and if you have a fire pit offer each one to the fire and ask God to help you let each one of the worries go away from your body, mind, and spirit. After you do that make a list of positives that you can add to your life to replace the worry. I would wait awhile. Get used to the feeling of not having to dwell on these worries and anxieties. 

Become physically active! I walk! It  has become my anti- worry solution! It has also provided for me this avenue to pray, walk, and blog and have a very special relationship with you my dear family. 

If all this anxiety and worry cannot be conquered by yourself ! GO GET HELP! Have a faith community? Try your local clergy. If you don't get along with them find a faith community that will match and where you will be able to feel that sense of belonging! If not, look for free counselling  services. They have services for the LGBTQ community, AA or any of the Anons,  hospitals often offer support groups, American Cancer Society, Alzheimer's Association and many more. Let your fingers do the walking. Hospice is a good place to start if you are looking for grief counselling. 
Remember to make sure you are going to be with someone you trust and that their credentials are up to par. 

Let us know if you are going through something! We do not want to be out of the loop and may be able to help and pray for you. I'm finding that social media can be a good place to ask for help but, here's my warning! DM- if you are using Twitter and PM/ Chat if you are using Facebook! Do not place anything that you want held in confidence in your posts. So be mindful. Remember there are so many cyber bullies, trolls, and haters out there seeking someone to devour..... !

Ok, that is enough of this topic! Hakuna Matata! Be not anxious! Fear Not for we are in the season of HOPE, PEACE, JOY, and LOVE. Let us practice these and be lights to those who may be anxious and fearful. Prayer and prayer walking is a good place to start! I loved being able to pray for you, your families, and all those whom you asked me to pray for tonight. I love you, You matter, and all of our family members matter to me as well.

A few prayers that might be of help to you and others! :)












If you are on Facebook I have more photos! Too many moon shots to show.

I hope all of you have an anxiety free evening! Just know that God holds each of you and all those who are anxious in the palm of God's hands! Just as the picture of the Moon tonight that looks like God is Holding the moon in God's hands! 

I love you and may continue to walk and pray with hope, peace,joy, and love in every step as we approach the Manger where Jesus is Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love and where God became, God Incarnate, Man Divine. 

Love and peace of mind,

Sara

P.S. I Give God thanks for you my dear family of love this day and always!

Music Sampler

He's Got the Whole World In His Hands

St. Teresa's Prayer

Ubi Caritas

Soothing Praise Music






No comments:

Post a Comment