Friday, April 11, 2014

Another day to celebrate! Lent this year is my time to celebrate the Goodness of God with Gladness.



Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on our Journey,

Today I was blessed to have my staples removed and be released from Dr. Daniel Oh's care as my surgeon. I like having one less doctor in my quiver. My body feels better already, however I'm still adjusting to new normals every day. Bodily functions play tricks on me and I'm trying not to be like Steve who would get impatient about little things that haven't normalized. I was assured not to worry but it is hard when you expect things to work like either a Rolex or Omega watch. So I wait and learn again what kind of foods are my friends and what amounts I can eat so that things don't get bunched up.  I know TMI but we all must face the facts that every time we have something done our bodies have to readjust and go with the flow. I decided today that I would celebrate Part I on Canning the Cancer being complete by having a glass of wine. This wouldn't be on my list of things during Lent. Lent this year has become my time to celebrate the goodness of God with Gladness and approach Holy Week as a time for rest, reflection, and personal retreats each day, leading up to a new found energy on Easter or as some of my friends call it Sunday of the Resurrection. This reminds me of the story by Eric Carle , THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR,  please take a look  and click the link below:



The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Think about how we all go through periods like these and need to take time for ourselves and each other and  reorient and get back to basics. That is my wish for you my family this time when we approach a time of Holiness and find that where ever we are we are standing on holy ground and there is the sense of the holy and sacred all around us and through us. What will you be like on Easter day? Is there a beautiful butterfly in your future? , or are you going to find yourself brand spanking new with energy coming from God and New Garments placed on your body by Jesus? That is what Holy Week beginning with Palm Sunday is all about:. New life, newness of faith, and a fresh start with God. So my family celebrate life and remember in one week we will have Good Friday where we will be challenged to Keep the Faith Fearlessly without Fretting as in an adaptation from Paul Harvey "You know the rest of the story on Good Friday!" 

Here are today's few pix: 
 Gracious God as we view the setting of the Sun my our hearts always be fixed on You and Your Son. May our prayers rise to you like a sunrise and that our burdens my be laid down and kept from view during this time of prayer.
 God help us to knit prayer circles around each other with love and compassion and grace.
 May we daily be encircled by your love and the love we have for neighbor and of self.

 May our paths be straight and if we find them not so may we find you even in the curves and in uplifted pavement giving us flexibility to go with the flow and let go and let You in.

  We pray for all our family members and those who have asked special prayers, thanksgivings, celebrations, and remembrances from us this day especially________________


 May we let our hearts soar in Thanksgiving and gratitude this day and always.

 We pray for all our family members who may have seen this sky and for what ever they may be going through today. 
 We pray for the least of these and may we always remember they are our family members  made in your image and likeness no matter what.


We lift these our prayers to you O God this day and always. Amen.


************* 

Have a happy night and peaceful rest! I love you and give thanks to God for you this day and always.

Love and lots of it!

Sara

Bobby McFerrin - Medicine Music Mix


No comments:

Post a Comment