Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Walking around the big block and relaxing the mind, body, and spirit !




Happy Take Care Tuesday Dear Family of Love,

Tonight we didn't have very many prayer requests so I decided since our weather was very warm I would take what I call a walk of relaxation. These walks do not place our minds on taxing things but on getting in touch with God's Cathedral of life and having a bit of fun with a mixed tempo walk. I used the album from the movie "Sideways". I live where quite a few of the location shots were taken. My late partner Steve and I knew them by heart. Sometimes having a bit of whimsy in one's life is all that is needed to refresh the body, mind, and spirit and make our prayer time more worthwhile. Please keep that in mind. We need to have balance and not be all serious and rigid. We need to show God's light to the world by being joyful, loving, compassionate, alive, with our spirits enlivened each and every day to serve God in His Kingdom. Tonight please enjoy a few of the pictures and take time to decompress before we pray. 
























Good Evening God, We give thanks for the warm weather today and all that you brought into it. We offer our prayers, thanksgivings, celebrations, and remembrances to you with hands and hearts uplifted.


 Help us to be able to take time to take care and relax and enjoy your Cathedral of Life and feel our spirits enlivened with joy.

 We pray for all of our family members  who have been affected by the dangerous tornadoes and weather patterns. 

We pray for rain in the draught parched areas of the country and world wide.

 We remember this day any of prayer request spoken and those that our family members were afraid to offer. 

We pray this night for all those who are suffering, experiencing grief, and all of your Children who are the least of these.

We pray that we may love you more fully, so that we may love ourselves and our neighbors who are our family members.

 We pray that we may be loving to our enemies, those who bully, and all those who we can't find ourselves able to love.  

We pray for an end to all "ism's"  and  "obias" that separate us from you and each other  as members of the Family of God.

We pray this night for all caregivers and those receiving care who find it hard to depend on others for care.

We offer ourselves to you this night and that we may be guided on our path of life and that we may walk with you on the journey you have set before us. 

A  Prayer by St. Catherine of Siena (Her feast day is today)

Prayer to the Holy Ghost

Holy Spirit, come into my heart; draw it to Thee by Thy power, O my God, and grant me charity with filial fear. Preserve me, O ineffable Love, from every evil thought; warm me, inflame me with Thy dear love, and every pain will seem light to me. My Father, my sweet Lord, help me in all my actions. Jesus, love, Jesus, love. Amen.


*****************

Take Care Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on our Journey! I love you and pray that you all may have the gift of refreshing sleep this night. Please remember that today is Take Care Tuesday and that there is still time in the day and the week remaining to do this.

Love,peace, and joy and in grateful thanksgiving to God for you!

Sara

Links for today's celebration:

Music at the time of St. Catherine of Siena

Readings for the Feast of St. Catherine of  Siena  

Lectionary readings For St. Catherine of Siena






No comments:

Post a Comment