Saturday, April 5, 2014

Whoa! I only walked 15 minutes tonight! Self-Care Saturday is in full swing!




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Journey!

Tonight's blog is going to be brief but good ! I thought I was going to be able to make treks tonight but my body said Noooooooooo You don't! I guess I didn't! I listened to my body just like I listen to God! Two very important things to do! Listening to God and listening to my body. I also received a call shortly from a friend of mine reminding me that I did have major surgery! Yes, I did ! I realized that things are going to change at home in the coming weeks. I need to talk to Dad's docs and get some in home help for awhile. If you have long term care insurance with an informal care provision which is care at home then use it. I'm going to try. I can't go back into the caregiving role like I had before. Somethings are going to have to change whether we like them or not. Tonight instead of praying with the pictures let us remember to pray for caregivers and care receivers.

                                     Prayers for Caregivers and Care Receivers

God we pray for all of us who are caregivers that we may be made mindful of our own self-care.
Tend the caregivers and may they feel your abiding presence.

God we pray for all of us who care for parents who are elderly and infirm and who may have physical or memory challenges.
May our family members who care for them lay down their burdens and rest gentle in your arms.

God we pray these caregivers who may not see themselves as such: Clergy, Medical Professionals, Hospice workers, child care providers, Mortuary workers, law enforcement personnel and first responders. 
Keep watch over them all tonight God and give them courage to practice good self-care.

God we pray for those who are receiving care and that they may feel and know that they need to accept help from all agencies and persons who may not be family members. Help them to know that they are not abandoned but in good and capable hands. 

God we pray that our family members may learn to ask for help when they need it and not be afraid to seek help from family or agencies. Give them courage O God.

God we pray for all of our friends who may be our caregivers and who go out of their way to make the lives of others sweeter. We give thanks for friends who are also family.

God we pray especially for________________

God we give thanks to you for______________

God we remember all those who have died and remember all those who were caregivers and we name them before you silently.

God we Celebrate all of us who are caregivers remembering______________________

Gracious God we pray for all caregivers and care receivers! We pray that we as caregivers may never forget to listen to our bodies, minds, and spirits and take time for ourselves. We pray for all of our family members who receive care may feel safe and secure in the care of others and learn to ask for and receive help. All this we ask in the name of the God of Martha and Mary, Jesus, Our loving and merciful Lord. Amen.

**************

Good Night Lovies! Sleep well and take time tonight to rest, relax, refresh, and renew your bodies, minds, and spirits! I love you and may you have a wonderful Sabbath Day tomorrow.

Love and peace of mind,

Sara





 A few Selfies to prove that I'm getting healthy!







Down By The Riverside

This Train is Bound For Glory -Johnny Cash

I am a Pilgrim- Aaron Neville

Aaron Neville Mix





No comments:

Post a Comment