Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hitting the wall and feeling blue or Just one Lap that's all it took!




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Journey,

Well today I hit the wall and could only do a walk around the block. Today I had to stop, look, and listen to my body.It is sometimes difficult to lay back and relax when one is expected to do more than one can do. When I woke up today I had a game plan for today but alas no go. My body was like the old Spanish joke "What kind of car doesn't work in Spanish? No Va! means no go! Nova! I'm so grateful to God for giving me these days but at the same time accepting limitations is never easy. It's the first time since surgery that I have felt really blue and I know that I shouldn't but I do. I miss feeling my beloved Steve's arms around me. Loving arms and hugs holding one sometimes are what's needed.  I guess I have to get out the prayer quilts and shawls.  We will have a time of praying in place tonight and a few hints of learning to relax when we have to.

         Prayers for those of us who are recovering from surgery or illness

God of Love, help us to accept the daily limitations our bodies give us . We pray for all of us who are recovering from surgery of any kind. Give us the grace to accept times of rest and energy.

God grant us the time to find your indwelling peace when we want to be like racehorses chomping at the bit. 

God help us to accept times of being down as we remember to continue to be connect to you and with each other.

Help us to articulate our needs to others and have the courage to speak up. May we also listen to the needs of others as they listen to ours.

Give those who have chronic illnesses and pain relief from their suffering and treatments that will give their bodies healing.

We pray for all those who are involved in medical research  in finding cures and healing treatments for all diseases both common and rare.

We pray for all of the students who were victims of the stabbing today in Pennsylvania and pray for their healing, solace, and medical teams and family who are caring for them. 

We pray for families who sit bedside by their children both old and young. And we remember especially __________

We pray for all of our elderly family members who struggle with illness and aging. May we be caring, sensitive and attentive and as caregivers reach out for help.

We pray for caregivers of every stripe and ask protection over them all and for their health and well being. 

We pray for all those who are in need of employment and good paying jobs with benefits. We pray especially for all women who desire equal pay for equal work. 

We pray for governmental sensitivity towards the needs of others and for equality at all levels both in our own country and internationally. We pray that this might be at both the religious and secular level We pray that the Gospel message of love,peace, joy, hope, to the least of these  may be heard, preached, and lived. That there may be justice, peace, and equality in every place. 

We offer our prayers, thanksgivings, celebrations and remembrances now in the quiet or aloud in you your name we pray. Amen. 

************

I always feel better when we pray. I really do. I hope that everyone took time to see God's wonder in God's Cathedral of Life on this Wonderful or Wonder Full Wednesday. Tomorrow I will learn what my next steps will be on the Cancer front and Friday I will have my staples removed. Please continue to pray. I'm still in a bit of pain. Please remember that I love you very much and that you are precious treasures and gifts to me and to our Family of Love. We are blessed to have each other. God is God and he has brought us together on this journey together. I'm glad that God has asked us  to "Walk with me on our journey. 

Love,peace, joy, and blessings be yours always!

Sara





 Meet Yappy Doo 
(Made up Name) 







Music to Soothe the Soul by Ekaterina

African Voices

Get this one !


No comments:

Post a Comment