Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A day of newness and a day of giving thanks!



Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Journey,

A big thank you to everyone who read last evening's blog post and made it a history making blog a day of 235 page views. You honor me by your wanting to read what I have written. I give God thanks for you this day and always and please remember I love you, you are family, and today still is Take Care Tuesday!

Today was and is the first day of newness. Today I woke up very early to get to the Same Day Surgery Center to have my Port A Cath put in and the first day of not having to have that achy worry for Dad. Dad is safely in the Thin Places and is at peace. I'm at peace with his passing. I can't be angry because I had the honor and privilege of being the caregiver for both my parents and Steve. Dad and I lived in the same house for 54 years and I must have done something right because I was never asked to leave or encouraged to find other places of residence. Today we give thanks and this is the time when I ask us to get out a pad of paper and write down what we are thankful for and offer up our thanks to God. Tonight we will pray in place too!


I am thankful to God for:

God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit
For all my departed family members whom I still love dearly.
Positive role models
Family members who sustain, love, and comfort.
Friends who are also family.
A home to live in.
Medical treatments that will can the cancer
God's Cathedral of Life
Peace in heart and of mind.
Courage to face new challenges of life.
For love
For all medical professionals.
For caregivers
The gift of laughter and a sense of humor.
The list is endless!

******************

God we Give thanks to you for all our many blessings and those things that we are thankful for.

We  pray this day for all of our family members who have had surgery or are in the hospital.

We pray for caregivers of every stripe.

We pray for the girls in Nigeria who are missing. May they be returned safely to their family members.

We pray for the Sudan and South Sudan and an end to religious and political persecution.

We pray for human rights of all persons throughout your World and that every human being may be afforded dignity, respect, and equality.

We pray for all the troubled hot spots in your World and  for the healing of strife within your family.

We pray for peaceful hearts when life pitches us curve balls.

We offer ourselves O God to your service and to others.

May remember to conserve nature and be mindful of your creation and Cathedral of Life.

We pray for an end to terror, violence, human trafficking and abuse.

We pray for rain in the draught parched areas of  our land and in your World.


We offer prayers, thanksgivings, celebrations, and remembrances this day on behalf of ____________

We pray for all religious leaders and faith communities as they meet the challenges of  summertime worship.

We pray for all of our family members who long for acceptance and courage to live authentically without fear.

O God we lift up these our prayers this night and give thanks to you for all that you are doing in our lives seen and unseen. May we rest gentle in your arms and feel your loving presence. In you name we pray  O God. Amen.

***************
Good Night Dear Ones! I love you and please take care of yourselves tonight and always. Remember we are family!

Love and with a heart and mind at peace,

Sara


















Today's Hits!

My Alarm music:
 I Done Made Up My Mind- Aaron Neville

Music to have a Port Put in

Good Vibrations -Beach Boys

A Few other favorites!

The Rainbow Connection


The Summons



No comments:

Post a Comment