Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Healing bodies, minds, and spirits and taking time to rest and pray




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on our Journey!

Today's pilgrimage has taken us to Mission Hope Cancer Center in Santa Maria where I received and am receiving my first chemo treatment. I have a pump giving me 5FU at this very moment and the pump will be taken down on  Friday. I'm tolerating the chemo very well but it has been only the  first few hours. The challenge for tonight will be is this. how do I sleep with a pump? I guess I'm going to learn and I don't get to bathe until Friday afternoon. I'm doing surprisingly well. Tonight we pray in place. Maybe tomorrow we walk? How does that sound? It sounds good to me. God is with us all the time and is very good! God is always healing bodies, mind, and spirits and giving us permission to take time to rest and pray when we need to and even when we don't walk.


Let us take time to be at prayer and hear the voice of God in the silence and at the depths of our being.

God we give thanks for everything that you brought into our lives this day. 

We take this time to reflect upon our day as we enter the silence and feel your presence near us, in us, and through us. 



God we pray for all of our family members who are battling illnesses or any situation that is causing them emotional pain and physical weakness. Help us to remember that we find the spirit's power ever present when we are weak.

Direct our lives on the right pathways and guide our footsteps according to the journey of life you have set before us.

Grant us the wisdom to ask for help. Help us to listen not just to hear and give us the ability to respond accordingly.

We pray this night for : The Missing Girls in Nigeria, Syria, The people in the Sudan and South Sudan, The Ukraine,and all troubled places in Your world. May we "Do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with our God" and pray that 'Justice will roll down!

We pray especially for all children and the many agencies who come to their aid. We pray for an end to child abuse, bullying, as we pray for all mothers and women who have been victims of the same.

We pray for the homeless, hungry, lonely, and the lost and all of our family members who will find shelter outdoors this night. We pray that we may be mindful of and pray for Buena Vista Vince, Shopping Cart Sally, and all those who have left jackets and clothing behind as a reminder to remember and pray for  the "Least of these".

We pray, remember, celebrate, and give thanks to you O God Remembering especially this night____________


May we feel your presence this night and may all of our family members everywhere feel  Your loving, merciful, accepting arms around them as well.

We lift up these our prayers and all that is on our hearts and minds that may be causing us worry or pain at this moment. We lay these in your arms and in the name of  Your Son Jesus. Amen.

*****

Good Night Dear Ones, I love you and Give thanks to God for your prayers and love this day. I made it and so can you, when life becomes troubled and difficult. Let go, Let God and Let love in and our family be with you always.

Love, prayers, and blessings!

Sara

A few images of God's Place of Healing on My Journey. Mission Hope Cancer Center. Affiliated with UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center.


 The chemo room or as I call it Healing Suite
 Dr. Vara my oncologist and he is better looking without his glasses!

Primed for part I getting my pre-meds and Leucovorin and 5FU push.


Getting ready to take my chemo on the go with a fancy pump that infuses the 5FU until Friday.




No comments:

Post a Comment