Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Prayer Walking in the cool, crisp, clean air at the time of the evening breeze




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Journey,

We had the opportunity to take a brief prayer walk tonight in the cool, crisp, clean air at the time of the evening breeze. I was surprised that I had enough strength to do so. God is good. Dad is still in the hospital and they are working to find out what is wrong with him.  At 91 it is anyone's guess.  I'm trying to find moments of rest and times of much needed energy boosts. Today I officiated (led) Morning Prayer while our clergy were away at Clergy Conference. I was energized an spiritually uplifted by this and the readings coincided with the celebration of an amazing Holy Woman, Harriett Starr Cannon. I would like to share with you those readings because they have been perfectly featured in some way or other with the prayers we have been praying as of late. 


Psalm 131
A Song of Ascents. Of David.
 O LORD, my heart is not lifted up,
   my eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with things
   too great and too marvellous for me. 
 But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
   like a weaned child with its mother;
   my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.* 
 O Israel, hope in the LORD
   from this time on and for evermore.

2 Esdras 2:15-24
15 ‘Mother, embrace your children; bring them up with gladness, as does a dove; strengthen their feet, because I have chosen you, says the Lord. 16 And I will raise up the dead from their places, and bring them out from their tombs, because I recognize my name in them. 17 Do not fear, mother of children, for I have chosen you, says the Lord. 18 I will send you help, my servants Isaiah and Jeremiah. According to their counsel I have consecrated and prepared for you twelve trees loaded with various fruits, 19 and the same number of springs flowing with milk and honey, and seven mighty mountains on which roses and lilies grow; by these I will fill your children with joy.
20 ‘Guard the rights of the widow, secure justice for the ward, give to the needy, defend the orphan, clothe the naked, 21 care for the injured and the weak, do not ridicule the lame, protect the maimed, and let the blind have a vision of my splendour. 22 Protect the old and the young within your walls. 23 When you find any who are dead, commit them to the grave and mark it,* and I will give you the first place in my resurrection. 24 Pause and be quiet, my people, because your rest will come.

Hebrews 13:1-2,5-8,15-16
13 Let mutual love continue.  2 Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it. 5 Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have; for he has said, ‘I will never leave you or forsake you.’ 6 So we can say with confidence,
‘The Lord is my helper;
   I will not be afraid.
What can anyone do to me?’
7 Remember your leaders, those who spoke the word of God to you; consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and for ever. 15 Through him, then, let us continually offer a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that confess his name. 16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Mark 9:33-37
33 Then they came to Capernaum; and when he was in the house he asked them, ‘What were you arguing about on the way?’ 34 But they were silent, for on the way they had argued with one another about who was the greatest. 35 He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, ‘Whoever wants to be first must be last of all and servant of all.’ 36 Then he took a little child and put it among them; and taking it in his arms, he said to them, 37‘Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me.’

These readings are prayers themselves tonight but we will have prayers with the few photos I took on our Holy Route for additional prayer time. 


  Lighten our hearts O God that we may bear your light to others and to a broken world.
May we always remember to show hospitality to the stranger and never waiver in service to you O God.
 We pray for all of your children who are in trouble remembering the Nigerian Girls, all children struggling with illness, loneliness,and especially those who are victims of bullying and abuse.

 Help us always to be reconciling and peace making forces in your world by being loving, merciful, and compassionate.
 We pray that as we walk on our journey with you O God that our feet will be beautiful and may spread your Gospel message to everyone we meet with not only our words but in our unspoken deeds.
 We offer to you all the prayer requests that we have been given to  you and that we may we be sources of comfort to all of our family members who requested prayer and those whom we have been praying for. 

All these prayers we lift up to you O Lord in Your Name and to your honor and glory. Amen.

*********

That's all for tonight dear ones! I love you and may you have a restful and peaceful night!

 With love and a grateful heart for you all!

Sara

****************************





No comments:

Post a Comment