Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Whole Holy Three Mile Prayer walk and peace at the center! (Prayer Walking Framework Included)




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims On our Journey!

I'm sorry that I didn't write a blog and let you know that I wouldn't be able to. I'm accountable to you no matter what. Next time I will let you know. Let's see, where were we? Yes, the last you had heard from me was when I was in San Diego and was almost writing the blog in my sleep!. Yes, I admit to downloading photos and taking a nap. I promise never to nap and blog again! Almost like Miles in "Sideways" who was asked by Jack "Did you Drink and Dial?" In any event, my presentation almost went off without a hitch with the exception of a poor audiovisual projector. I did get it to go and we were able to continue. I found that I could actually feel peace at the center while this was happening In the midst of this weekend I was checking on Dad by phone and seeing how he was doing. He will have surgery tomorrow. Please pray for Lee Macdonald, I hadn't any problems airport and travel wise ! I still am not crazy about having to fly out of San Luis Obispo, lay over in Phoenix, and then fly to San Diego. I got back to home base around 10:40 p.m. I was spent. Fast forward to this evening where I walked and prayed the Whole Holy 3 Mile prayer walk and again found peace at the center. We all need to find peace at the center when chaos and our lives become unsettled. Finding peace isn't at all easy but prayer walking can be the way to do it. I encourage you all to do it! I'm going to reprise in this blog for new readers The Original Prayer Walking Framework to get them ready for the end  of Spring and Early Summer so that  we all can learn the basics again: 

The Original Prayer Walking Framework

Good Evening Dear Family of  Love and Pilgrims on our Journey
We live in such a time where prayer may be the only work we can do to help heal and bring peace to a broken world. I’m finding that walking gives us a built in intercession list and framework just by the route(s) we take. Walking also helps us find the necessary balancing of body, mind, and spirit. Wellness is very important for us as the family of God.

Here is our prayer walking framework for those of you who walk. If you do not walk, get a map of your city and circle the landmarks. As the old Yellow Pages Ad told us "Let your fingers do the walking!" I even found on Wednesday evening that you can even modify it to work while driving. Please be careful when praying and driving!

Begin by offering your walk and prayers to the glory of God. Invite God on on the walk with you and make sure that your laces are securely tied, if it is cold you are wrapped in God's prayer coat, Pray that God will quicken your steps, enliven your spirits, and pray that you will be hydrated with the Water of Life and that you may feel it coursing through your veins.

This is done outside your front door. (If you walk during the evening- turn on the porch light.) I walk at the time of the evening breeze just as God did in the Garden of Eden (Genesis)

 As I turn the corner I often times will see lots of litter and I pray that we may all become better stewards of God's creation.
Pray for your nearby neighbors and those who live in your neighborhood. (Y/our neighborhood is the world)
Often times I will look back and take a picture of the big Sun and that reminds me to center my prayers with the help of God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Take a picture of the Big Sun to remind you of God the Creator and give thanks.
At the first Stop light or where ever you cross the street pray for all those who are driving, walking, biking, and all forms of transport. Pray for safety.
As you walk notice the businesses and pray for the employers and employees. 
If you hear a siren of any kind pray. Pray for the first responders, the person they are going to help. 
Begin your prayer list or prayer requests you have been given. If you are on Twitter or Facebook do not be afraid to make prayer requests. I welcome you and I welcome them.

We have a gentlemen's club called the Spearmint Rhino on our route: I pray for women, children, and an end to human trafficking and pray for our family members (that is anyone to me) who have depression and self-esteem issues.

Flower beds, weedy areas, and shrubbery can be a good way to remember all the unsaid prayers or requests that haven't been offered to us or have been forgotten. 

We pass the Public Library and pray for those who teach and those who learn. 

If you should see a church on your path. Pray for the Church and its leaders both clergy and lay. Pray for any place of worship and the people of faith who worship there. It's ok to pray for those who worship in an Islamic Center, Synagogue, and Buddhist temple. (Hint- they are family members of ours too!)

We pray for our leaders when we pass city hall. We pray for our family members who are homeless and hungry who make the City Hall Plaza their home for the evening.

The Police Station is on our route. Pray for law enforcement personnel ,our troops and peacekeepers.

The list is endless. I think you begin to get the basics. Always take time to enjoy God's creation. Please remember it is your walk and your individual journey that you take with God.  Always take time to give thanks and praise to God the Creator. Be creative and make sure it suits your needs and time.

Won’t you walk with me on our journey?


********

That's all for tonight my dear family of love! I love you all and want to thank you for all your continued prayers and well wishes for me, my dad, and my family. I appreciate them more than you know. Remember you are loved, you matter, and we are blessed to be family this day and always.

Love, joy,peace be yours always!

Sara



























No comments:

Post a Comment