Monday, May 5, 2014

The Challenge of the Heart !



Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Journey!

Yes my friends I did the Whole Holy 3 mile prayer walking pilgrimage route tonight! God is Good !
When I started out I thought maybe I wouldn't be able to do it but, God gave me the strength to set my face and feet forward with an enlivened spirit. Tonight as we prayed and walked and took in God's beautiful Cathedral of Life I felt as though God encouraging us to have our hearts challenged. What I mean is can we actually walk the walk and talk the talk whatever faith community and community at large one might find oneself in. We cannot be complacent about anything that touches us at the heart and soul level. I'm amazed at how many of the faith caregivers a.k.a clergy haven't spoken out about the young girls from Nigeria being kidnapped. Sometimes the silence in social media can be deafening.  Here is a good reminder from Dietrich Bonhoeffer 






We as people of faith need to be speaking out and laying our souls bare to communicate to this broken world of ours that anything that harms or hurts any of God's creatures and that includes humans is not acceptable in any form. Every Family Member human or animal matters and they are precious in God's sight and in God's heart.  Let's challenge our hearts, minds, and spirits to be more like God who created us in God's image and likeness. 

As I was walking home this evening from my walk there was one of our homeless family members with her shopping cart filled with her worldly goods. As she was crossing the street her soda bottle popped out of her cart on to the road. She didn't see it  but I did. After the light changed in my favor I retrieved the soda bottle and took it to her and the look in her eyes spoke volumes to me, in that moment God was there as God is with us every moment we are doing and being. She was appreciative and I told her "God Bless you!" She in return said the same thing with a teary twinkle in her eye. God challenged my heart as God always challenges our hearts. What is God Challenging your heart to do and to be? Think about it!

Let us pray this night for our family members who reside outdoors remembering Shopping Cart Sally, Buena Vista Vince, Kimberly, and all those who are homeless, hungry, living on the margins of society.
Challenge our hearts O God.

We pray for all peace in the world and especially where there is violence, injustice, cruelty and indifference. 
Challenge our hearts O God to be peacemakers.

We pray for all family members who are caregivers of every stripe. Challenge our hearts and all  persons  to step up and offer loving help without begrudging.

We pray for all of our Family members who are ill, aging, and disabled. Challenge our hearts to pray, help, and not pass by on the side of the road.

We pray this night especially for ___________________________ Challenge our hearts to pray and reach out and have courage to help.

We give thanks to you O God for_________________________ Challenge our hearts to be always grateful and have attitudes of gratitude.

We Remember all those who are dying and have died today  especially ________________ May we be challenged to live life more fully in your service and follow the good example of ________________.

We Celebrate this day especially _________________________Challenge our hearts O God to find healthy balance in our lives and celebrate each day to the fullest.

God we lift these our prayers to you and may we always be challenged to do what is right in your gracious and loving God who makes every nano-second new. Amen.

*********************

Now a word from me ! An Update on Canning the Cancer and what happens next. From my Facebook Post!

Good Afternoon and in many cases early evening Wonderful Family of Mine! We have set a date! No, not that kind of date! I wish maybe when the right person comes along! Ok, Sara cut to the chase! My chemotherapy will begin in two weeks on the 19th of May! pending authorization and getting me in for an outpatient port placement. The Drug to contain and can the cancer is 5FU! I will have it via a pump for 48 hours and then taken down on Wednesdays every 2 weeks for 6 months! God is so good that I'll be able to make all my DOK events for the next 2 weekends and maybe an excursion in to the land of LA LA (winkedy wink!)  to break up the trip on the weekend of the 17th. I love you all! Keep making me happy every day! As she feels warm and cozy in her heart.


********************

Well that is all for tonight dear and precious ones! Take care today on #YouMatterMonday and tomorrow on #TakeCareTuesday! I love you and may God bless you tonight and always!

Love and you know the rest!

Sara





















This is the crazy piece of music that has taken root in my mind these past few days! I love it but haven't any idea why it has become one of my favorites:

Agincourt Hymn- John Dunstable


Bach Cantata 78 - We hasten


Let the Bright Seraphim I love singing this tune or at least trying to! 

*******

This link contains a partial list of the Nigerian Girls who were kidnapped #BringBackOurGirls 
Please pray for them by name if you can! Please click on the link below!

#BringBackOurGirls list

No comments:

Post a Comment