Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Finding peace at the center of our being when one is thrown into the storm




Dear Family of Love!

What a day! You know the phrase "The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray!" Robert Burns  couldn't have said it any better nor foreseen what our day was going to be like. When I got up, I had plans and an agenda set up and it included cleaning house, prayer walking, and grocery shopping! All this was in store for me until I heard my dad yelling "Sara! Sara! Sara!" Dad had fallen while carrying a glass of orange juice using his walker. I tried to help him maneuver back to his chair! I couldn't! I'm very glad that I still am healing from my surgery so I couldn't lift him! Don't ever lift a senior citizen. Call 911, which I did! Dad was taken to the hospital where he is now. They are trying to find out where this generalized weakness and unsteadiness comes from and what is causing it. I was there until 4:30 p.m. I came home and changed into warm clothing! Took a bit of time for myself and went back to the hospital and then had dinner out.This all seems unsettling doesn't it? But not for me! I found a pervading sense of peace throughout the day and even now. Prayer walking and living a life in a state of prayer can work wonders and not rattle one's sensibilities. God is good and we all know that having him/her as the Greyhound Bus Driver in our lives makes things much more bearable and one can withstand anything that is thrown at you!. This is one of the roots of Take Care Tuesday, if you can find peace at the center you will know how to take good care of yourself. It's that peace that stops the hurt that starts the healing of our bodies, minds, and spirits! So my brothers and sisters that make up our Family of Love, be at peace, find it in your center and see what happens when you are thrown into the storm. Do you hear God's still small voice speaking to you to be at peace even then? I hope so! I do.

You may pray, give thanks, remember those who are mourning and have entered the Thin Places, and celebrate with your own words tonight. As I am doing now.

***************

Good Night Dear Ones! I hope that we will be back on the trail tomorrow but we will take each day as it comes. I love you, you matter, take care of yourselves and get ready to head outside tomorrow and see the wonder of God's Cathedral of Life.

Love and prayers and a body, mind, and spirit at peace,

Sara













Diane Arkenstone -The Secret Garden

Diane Arkenstone- Angels Voice, Healing Spirit

Paul Winter - Beatitiudes

No comments:

Post a Comment