Sunday, August 30, 2015

A return to healthy self and spiritual care basics ! Always a good reminder when the month is almost new.





Dear Family of Love,

Happy Sabbath and Self Care Sunday! I hope everyone hat a restful day! I must say although yesterday was a beautiful day and a lot of fun attending my my nephew's wedding, I'm spent. I was going to walk tonight but my feet started to feel like they were getting that old wonky feeling again. So here I am after a busy day at the faith factory resting and recouping my legs and feet hoping that I don't fall asleep writing this. Rest, hydration, and regular eating habits are essential for good health and even more so when one feels exhausted. Some of us who are diabetics, cancer patients, cancer survivors, and anyone with a chronic illness find ourselves back into bad habits and traps. I don't want that for anyone. So we must be focused on good eating, good resting, good body, mind, and spirit care as part of being in right relationship with ourselves and with God. So beginning this week let us follow this simple check list that you can post on your mirror, sticky note on your computer, or post a reminder list on your portable digital device.

    A Simple Self and Spiritual  Care Check List to Add to the Self-Care Guide


Have I said hello to God this morning?

Have I eaten breakfast?

When was the last time I hydrated? 8- 8 oz. are encouraged.

Have I gotten up and moved around the cabin- Just stood up and walked around and didn't fall into the sedentary trap. 

Did I exercise for 30 to 60 minutes a day?

Did I talk to God but more importantly did I listen?

Did I eat lunch?

Did I I have more fluids?

Did I have my meditation and prayer time?

Did I eat dinner?

Did I unplug and go of the grid early enough to get sufficient rest?

Did I remember to take my medications if any properly?

These are just a few, you may add your own.

For those of you who need a reminder of You Matter Monday's self-care guide here it is:

Monday- You Matter Monday
Take time to start the week out right by being kind to yourselves.
Practice loving yourself.
Do a mediation of your choice.
Go for a walk if your body is telling you to do so.
Exercise your mind.

Practice our Mindfulness exercises and breathing:
It is simply this we start with our breathing exercises using this format:

Inhale the Holy Spirit.
Exhale Love.

Inhale the Holy Spirit
Exhale Love

Inhale the Holy Spirit
Exhale Love

Now repeat the following 3 times;

Be Still and Know That I am God.
Be Still and Know
Be Still 
Be


Now get out some kind of timer, mindfulness app, or music and set them for 5 minutes when you begin. Then close your eyes and be silent. If the music goes long don't worry that will lead you into our time of prayer and thanksgiving. 

Tonight's musical selection: Bach Mix 

++++++

Let's see what prayers we had from last year and add some additional ones of our own to the mix. 

Prayers for today


Holy Spirit, May we be awakened and be fit to serve you where ever you call us to be. 


Holy Spirit ,we Pray for all who prepared for and Participated in Sabbath observances that they may find rest. 


Holy Spirit, empower us to speak and practice peace in every step that we take on our journey with You, Jesus, and God our Creator and loving Parent.

Holy Spirit, Give us tender hearts to care for all of our family members. We remember that our family members are our enemies too and that we are our enemies keepers ,who are our brothers and sisters as well.

Holy Spirit, channel our energies to help make our local, state, national, and international neighborhoods places of safety,  justice, peace, kindness,mercy, and love.

Holy Spirit, surround all those who are grieving any loss but most especially loved ones, and friends. your Holy Comfort. 

Holy Spirit, enliven us so that we may let go and let loose and have times in which to dance, sing, and be joyful with hearts and hands that are uplifted in praise and in community.

May we offer our prayers, thanksgivings, remembrances, and  celebrations to you Jesus with our voices or in the quietness of our hearts. 

May we rest gentle in your arms and awaken with joyful and loving hearts.


St. Augustine's Prayer to the Holy Spirit
Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. Amen.



++++++

Good Night Dear and Precious ones! I love you. Have a blessed and peaceful rest this night. I give God thanks for you this night and always. 


With gentle love, hugs, and blessings,

Sara





























No comments:

Post a Comment