Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Grief Bites, God's Grace and Our Journey together




Dearest Family of Love and Compassion and fellow travelers on our journey!

I couldn't walk tonight because I attended the Community Thanksgiving Service. I'm glad that I did because I had about a 3 hour grief bite. I hate these especially when lately it is an added accessory with the holidays. I prefer a bit of bling not sting! One is never prepared for this but I do know that having a responsive support system and family as you all are to me are vital.  A friend of mine suggested that I attend the Thanksgiving service which I did. I'm very glad and it soothed my grieving heart and soul. God's grace abounds all the time and I felt the cloud lifted with all of your prayers, thoughts ,hugs , love! Love, prayers, and words of comfort are what we all are about. Help us to always remember that we are on this journey together. Let's remember to always be responsive to those going through grief. As a family we need to be responsive and not be cold  and detached. Being cold and detached makes people feel  that they don't matter and feel like dirt. This kind of thing is not acceptable on our journey together. We journey on with love, prayers,comfort, and the ability to respond to each other and those in need. We are all in this together no matter what. We are a family in every sense of the word. God made us family from the very beginning and that is very good news!

So on this Thanksgiving Eve I give God Thanks for you! I love you and will be your sister to infinity and beyond and back again and then some! That is how I feel and it makes me smile and honored to call you family and friends and travelers on our journey this day and always! I promise to love, respond, care, and walk together with you in your joys,sorrows, and struggles come what may. I promise to continue to carry you and your prayer requests in my heart this day and always!

Happy Thanksgiving and Hanukkah! Light One Candle and Show God's extravagant love to the world that we are peacemakers, family, and for ever  pilgrims together!

Sara


We Gather together to ask the Lord's blessing

Come thou Fount of Every Blessing









No comments:

Post a Comment