Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Self-Care Saturday Check Up and check list!




Dear Family of Love  and Pilgrims on our Journey,


I'm re-posting the self-care check up blog check list on this the unofficial Self-Care Saturday! Take time to do self-care this weekend.

So here is your self-care check list! Ask yourself  these questions and pray about them tonight when we have our walking time.

Am I getting enough rest?
Am I unplugging and getting outside? If it is cold, bundle up and do it anyway!
Am I hydrating myself with the Living Water of Christ and feel it coursing through my veins?
Am I asking God to enliven my spirit, quicken my steps, and expand my heart to love more and more and have an expansive and giving spirit?
Am I being supportive, loving and accepting?
Have I stood up to bullies or hatemongers and stood with the oppressed and the marginalized?
Am I reconnecting with the people that matter most to me ?
Am I allowing enough time to get from place to place and is my car a no phone zone? 
Am I alert to all of my surroundings both driving and shopping?                                   
Am I allowing God in more and more?
Am I eating at the right times and watching the carbs?
Am I doing some kind of physical fitness?
Am I keeping it simple?
How am I sowing seeds of Hope, Peace, Love, and Joy?
What have I been doing to make God's world a better place?
Am I seeing a family member (That is anyone) as someone made in the image and likeness of God?
Am I smiling more and not looking down on family member and seeing them as visible?
Am I at prayer and am I giving thanks and having an attitude of gratitude?

These should be enough to get us started even if you have to take a few of them each day!  No rush! Please do not hurry! We have all the time in the world. These will still apply today.


That's all for now until we walk and pray. Please send in your requests! 

I love you,

Sara






.

No comments:

Post a Comment