Friday, January 24, 2014

Taking Route and taking Root or is it Taking Root and Taking Route?



Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Journey,

This evening we had a foggy upper atmosphere so I couldn't wish on every star for you but I did pray and I felt God's calming presence. I started to be more observant of my surroundings and I came across directional signs and looked down and saw many root patterns of trees. Routes and roots were and are prevalent as I walk Broadway or El Camino Real. I usually start my walk going North to Cook . On this route one sees many of our town's magnolia, palm, and many other varieties of trees. I always give at least a pat on the trunk because that is my way of giving thanks for their life giving oxygen, shade, and being nature's fan. We are lucky to have so many trees on one of our main thoroughfares. While I was praying I felt that God has given us this route so that we may be rooted in Him. God always gives us the plan or our life route and the foundational roots in order to live and go on our life's journey. In our case, the nightly prayer  pilgrimage. I wouldn't have believed this but we all need to take root before we take route! Think about it! 
We all have to do things decently and in order and developmentally in the proper sequence. No skipping steps until we are ready for it. That is how faith is for a lot of us, we need good foundations that help us gain our faith footing. How we do this is dependent upon our faith community and our upbringing. You can't read a self-help book and learn how to have faith in 3 easy lessons or less. It is a process of both taking root and then taking route. It is amazing what God gives us each night as we prayer walk isn't it? I never know what God is going to have me write about either. God is Good!God is  best Blog Assignment Editor in the Universe! I love God and the amazing ways God shows us how to be loving, hopeful, and compassionate. Jesus is our role model and we have a lot to learn daily while we take root and take route to where He is calling us to go. As God said when we started this blog "Won't you walk with me on our journey?" I hope so. I'm enjoying the route and as our precious family has become more rooted in love, peace, joy, and hope! God is even leaving the Christ light on for us each and every night and in the daytime as well.

Please keep sending in your prayer requests throughout the day. They do make a difference in our family member's lives and those who request prayer. When I send out the prayer requests on Twitter individually, I'm praying for each of you, and again when I receive them ,and then again when I post the blog on your TL. All of you on Facebook, I try to remember who you have requested and when I post the blog on your walls I pray for you too. So there is a whole lot of praying taking place. I'm honored to carry you and your prayers in my heart as I walk and pray every day. This is even more true when I write and pray in place.


****************

O God of our journey and daily life pilgrimage guide our footsteps where we should be going each and every day. I will follow you on the route with out fear and anxiety.

O God help us to know when we need to use our wings to take to sky, and fly with your Spirit into the future where you are calling us. May we hear and feel the Holy Spirit give us the nudge to take route and take flight.

O God we pray for those who have been rooted too much in their thoughts, deeds, and beliefs that have led them to bully,hate, and discriminate.

O God we pray that faith may take root in each of us so that we may take route and proclaim Your Good News with love, compassion, and example and with a joyful spirit.

O God may we take root this evening and rest and honor our bodies, minds, and spirits to be able to take route tomorrow and serve you in your kingdom.

Prayers, Thanksgivings, Remembrances, and Celebrations may be added here.

All this we ask in the God who has taken root in us, and set us  on the route that leads to life eternal and the springs of  the Water of  Life. Amen.
*************************

That's all for tonight dear family of love! I love you and am so glad that each one of you have taken root in my heart and are taking our nightly route of  prayer and pilgrimage.

Love and peace of mind and thanksgiving for all that you are and who you are, the precious Family of God!

Sara































Mark Harris - Find Your Wings (with lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment