Friday, January 17, 2014

Walking with purpose with love and prayers in my heart!




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Journey!

I decided to wear my heavy black jacket, baseball cap, and carry a flashlight! I tried to look menacing but I'd have to take acting classes to do that so I walked with purpose and with prayers and love in my heart. Sometimes we can get really complacent when we walk but tonight my plan worked and I came home with love and a peaceful heart. What a difference a day makes. I did go to the SMPD and filed a police report about the two incidents and felt really good about doing the right thing for me and for all of our family members who are out walking at all times of the day. I keep thinking of the verse in the Bible "Be sober, be watchful!", that is what we all must do and not be like Pollyanna! Lets not be fooled that there isn't danger but don't be overly fearful and you lock yourself away from God's Cathedral of Life either. I listened to a wonderful album by  Matt Redman tonight and found it just the right touch and had enough message and meaning and a driving beat that I was able to do an hour's time of prayer walking.  Here is the album cover it  is the best thing I have found that is a mixture of praise music with a rock beat:


The first song "Beautiful News"  is awesome. Click on the title and listen now ! I hope you like it!
Here are more just like it! Matt Redman Songs

Take time to pray today's prayer list while you listen :

Today's prayer list:
For the people of Glendora: Firefighters, EMTs, Residents, pets, people with respiratory issues and all living things. We pray for those who have lost their homes.
For rain
Those who have any bug or flu.

For those in hospital.
Chronically ill and in pain.
Caregivers
Elderly and Children
South Sudan and Syria 
Victims of violence and assault.
All those who are traveling.
The Junior Daughters of the King and Susan Keith in Honduras
The DOK Torch relay: National Council, Province 1 (Maine and New Hampshire)
Those discerning vocations and new life paths.
All of our family members
May we be beacons of hope, peace, joy, love and shine God's light to the world

Prayers, thanksgivings, celebrations, and remembrances may be added.

Here is today's prayer for Keeping the Faith Friday: 
Dear Lord, we thank you for strengthening our faith with your love and grace. Help us when ever we feel that we are teetering on the brink of loosing faith, your loving and life giving presence like gentle starch and our faith made strong and renewed. Lord, help us to keep the Faith on Fridays and everyday without being afraid or fretful. All this we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

******
Dear family of mine, tomorrow I will be down in Los Angeles for the Martin Luther King Celebration at the Cathedral Center and will be getting home late. I will have a praying in place blog for you late tomorrow evening. It will have a restful theme. I love you and give thanks to God for you this day and always! I felt your love and prayers as I filed the police reports today too! Thank you so much!  You matter and are precious treasures. Take time to rest gentle in the Lord's arms tonight. Let all the anxieties and fears go and be at peace.

Love and peace of mind,

Sara













No comments:

Post a Comment