Friday, January 10, 2014

Holy Spirit Weather in January? Warm and breezy this evening!





Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on Our Journey,

Holy Spirit Weather in January? Yes, here in Santa Maria where I live we have wind conditions called Santa Ana Winds or Sundowners.  The breezes tonight were warm and it didn't feel like 57 degrees. I imagined that these conditions were present with the Apostles and their friends at the time of Pentecost prior to "the rush of  a mighty wind". I know we are six months early, but I'll take the Holy Spirit's energy anytime I can get it. I felt God's presence in these breezes and it also felt like a big hug from God enfolding me. I'm always surprised by this however, God uses many kinds of voices in many different places. When I sometimes get rattled I hear God tell me "Be Still and know", "Relax, I'm not going to let you fail or fall!", "Trust", " I need you where you are on this journey and you just have to have patience!" "Waiting isn't bad, it is tenderizing and enlarging your heart even more", "I'm God, You're Sara, I have everything mapped out for you in your life and in your ministry (ies), and my GPS (God's planning system) is impeccable and always on time ! Don't try to play me, or be me!, George Burns got it all wrong!" "I Love you and you are exactly where you should be and don't try second guess me!" and the biggie "What you are doing for me with the prayer walking and the blog and listening and dialing in to our family in cyberspace is very important at such a time as this!"

On this Keeping the Faith Friday, God is forever telling us to "consider the lilies", "Do not be anxious!", "Fear Not",  "Be not afraid" etc. I think I came up with the theme Keeping the Faith Friday because, when we come to the end of the week we sometimes get our "Worry on", this may hearken back to the foot of the cross on Good Friday. The women who stood by and witnessed were resolute to see
 it all through and Jesus' Apostles became worry warts and fled as many of  the rest of His Followers ,and no these weren't on Twitter or Blog Followers, did! Jesus told them time and ,even us, and time again "Have Faith", "Trust in Me and don't be afraid", "I will rebuild the Temple in 3 days" etc. They kept worrying, were fretful, lost faith, and fearful and I know Jesus must have had the inner eye-roll when they failed to listen and pay attention. Meeting, following, and getting to know Jesus as God Incarnate/ Man Divine, must have really kept the Apostles all shook up, as we all are from time to time. So my dear family of love, I guess we need to spend more time learning this:


Trust in His timing,
Rely on His promises,
Wait for His answers,
Believe in His miracles,
Rejoice in His goodness,
Relax in His Presence.

Let us keep the faith every day not just on Friday! We need all of God's help and practice that we can get. Have a blessed and wonderful weekend. We will pray in place on Sunday and have mini prayer walk and prayer cycle blog. I will be in Los Angeles on Sunday evening. I love you, you matter, God is with us, and please "Do Not be anxious!" God has got it all covered. Remember He's got you covered in prayer and we know this for sure.

Love and peace of mind and I give thanks to God for you this day and always.

Sara














Tonight's walking music came from this album! Too many to choose! Check it out!

Tonight's off the playlist musical tune!

Will you come and Follow Me- The Summons From:


No comments:

Post a Comment