Thursday, January 30, 2014

Being Brave and Speaking out! What mantle have you been given?



Dear Family of Love an Pilgrim's on our Journey!

Boy what a day this has been and no I'm not singing the song from "Brigadoon" It started out with me realizing that my headache was gone and I give thanks for your prayers and love for the past few days and then having my mammies grammied! Prior to this I started receiving messages from KSBY regarding the two assaults by the Santa Maria Groper and wondering if I could do an interview. I said yes! But wait, that wasn't the only one I had another one come in from KCOY, KEYT, FOX11 they are all one in the same. I did both interviews where the second assault took place,Park Avenue (We have one too) and Miller Street.This all has become quite overwhelming but in a good way. I thought what if I didn't speak out? But God who is always tapping me on my shoulder and warming my heart gave me the courage to say "Yes" !
This had the same feeling of The Water of Life coursing through my veins! God is always calling us to do and be something! Today, I thought why not me ? Why shouldn't I put on the mantle that God has given me to speak out and inform. I thought of countless times when we don't want to get involved, speak out, risk being ourselves in front of a camera. God helped me see that it wasn't I that was speaking it was We, We the survivors who have been victimized. It never should be I it always has to be We. Another Family member could have gone through this and many have and yes, even my esthetician(the gal who does my brows) had this happen to her in the presence of her little girl.  So it wasn't I, it was we. So this week I have changed my profile picture and cover pictures on Facebook and Twitter. You will see them below.

Tonight as I returned to walking the prayer walking pilgrimage route,
I decided not to take any photos tonight and be aware of our town. Things that we need in town, any town, or city: Safe Zone/House Placards! These would be akin to Neighborhood Watch placards. If someone anyone was in trouble they could go to that house, business, church (What are those Red doors for people? Do they mean what they say?), I'm writing generally here. Also I think we need down near the library emergency poles that one can press and it will make a sound like a siren and a person could hold on to until the police get there. All young people should be allowed to use the telephone at the library at any time and most especially during the evening. I had to call for two young boys this evening and let their mom know that they were on their way home. They were traveling down Cook going West. When I was interviewed today I realized that Miller Street only has one side of Street Lights! Dear Family your charge this week is to look at your surroundings in your neighborhood, city, shopping areas,  work place, and places of worship to see what the outdoor areas look like in regards to safety. Dear Brothers you aren't immune either! For some of us hate crimes and haters are still an all too frequent occurrence. It doesn't matter who you are either! Hate is Hate! 
Those are my suggestions and thoughts on today's walk.
****
A few prayers for the Vulnerable and Survivor-victims of Violence and abuse:

Dear Lord we pray for the victims and survivors of violence and abuse. 

We pray for all those who work in the areas of domestic violence and child abuse prevention.

We pray for CALM, CASA, Child Help, Silent Witness and the many organizations that help and make programs for our family members feel safe, protected, valued, loved, and remembered.

We pray for all those who are trained in SART and those who will be cared for tonight. Wrap your arms around them Lord and make them feel that they are safe.

Remembering those who have lost their lives due to gun violence.

We pray for all women who have been victims of Domestic Violence and those who have lost their lives due to domestic violence and are known only to you.

We pray for safe streets and sidewalks for all of our family members. 
Remembering especially the disabled, elderly, women, and children.

We pray that all those who commit these terrible acts may be caught and brought to justice.

We pray for our family members who have been victimized by the Santa Maria Groper. 

We pray that all of us may not be afraid to get involved, speak truth to power,  report incidences as both victims/survivors, and witnesses, and wear the mantles you give us when we are called to be your spokespeople and speak up on behalf of others who can't and are afraid to.

Lord God, watch over our cities, family members, and those who haven't any choice but to walk during the evening and night hours. We lift up these prayers to you O Lord. Amen.

********************

Dear Family of Love, take time to be thankful today and keep being the thoughtful family of God that you are. I love you and give thanks to God for you this day and always!


Love and peace of mind. It is peaceful!

Sara




Our Story

Brave/ Beautiful Sara Bareilles and Carole King

The coverage of the groper


“Be the heart of a network of global citizens

Be a bridge for dialogue between civilizations

Be a beacon lighting the way to a century 

of life”

~ Daisaku Ikeda

No comments:

Post a Comment