Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Walking and praying for an end to violence of any kind.



Dear Family of  Love and Pilgrims on Our journey!

 Today we heard the news of another tragic school shooting. Every time I hear of another one I become sad and upset. I'm suggesting to you my family that we pray this list this week and ask ourselves what we as the Family of God and Humankind how we can stop this madness and end violence? How best can we be vigilant with our loved ones who may have mental  health issues? 



We all must be at prayer about this! I will this week! Will you? I know this isn't the happy clappy type of blog you usually get, but this was and is so important ,that I felt I needed to write about it. I will be doing this from time to time as you know. I do this because God calls you and  me to speak truth to power and  not be afraid to ask for prayers and educate our family members on important issues of the day. Let's have a bit of praying in place and remember those who still suffer the affects of violence and those who have lost their lives.

Dear Lord we pray for the communities of Roswell New Mexico and  Florida who have been affected by  gun violence. We pray for victims, families, and friends. We pray for them.

We pray for sensible laws that will protect all our citizens.
We pray for all who legislate.

We pray for all those who suffer from mental illness and those who are their care givers and medical teams.
Lighten their dark and depressed places O Lord.

We pray for alertness around family members who may be gun owners. Protect them and may they practice gun safety always. 

We pray for an end of violence and terror. 

We pray for all victims of domestic violence and for their continued safety.

We pray that all may  "beat their swords into plowshares and spears into pruning hooks!"

Take time to pray the list above.

You may add your own personal prayers and thanksgivings.

O Lord, we offer our prayers to you this night on behalf of all those whose lives have been touched by  acts of violence. We pray for those who are lead to these acts and may they  understand why they acted violently and that they may receive care in order to repent of the wrongs they have done. 

Lord we offer ourselves to you that we may be beacons of hope and peace to a broken and world. Use or hands, feet, and voices to continue to Do Justice, Love Mercy, and Walk Humbly with You, O Lord. Amen.


*******
Good Night Dear Ones, I will post tonight's pix tomorrow in this blog the list is all that was necessary tonight.  I love you and may all of you keep safe and know that you are loved, cared for, and that you matter. You all are in my prayers and in my heart daily.


Love and peace of mind,

Sara









No comments:

Post a Comment