Friday, January 31, 2014

Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly as we walked our prayerful pilgrimage trail!




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on our Journey!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful day. God is very good! I received the medical reports from my doctor today and all are good. Yes even the mammies that were grammied yesterday! Today we even celebrated an important milestone of our life together we have reached 7,510 page views of this blog that you see and read every night. As I walked tonight I remembered that this is Keeping the Faith Friday Fearlessly. That is what we are doing as we take these nightly walks on our prayerful pilgrimage trail. When I took pictures tonight I realized that for some reason or other I get this seemingly ethereal pillar that shows up from time to time. Reminds me of Moses and the Israelites. I'm forever being surprised what God is  teaching us night after night and day after day.

 My queries of the day have been this: Can you be a Christian and not love and support each other in the good times and in the bad? What should our response be when someone has been going through something? Are we let off the hook just because we don't like that person or their  stances and are different? May we turn our backs, ignore, and treat our family members as invisible?  The answer to all four IS a resounding NO! NOT AT ANY TIME ! Our response always has to come from Love and remember God= Love! If we aren't being loving to our family members nearby, far way, and yes even our enemies we are not loving God. No excuses here! Nada! Where do you fall? I'm standing with God who is Love because God has commanded me to do so, and I want to, because I love God dearly and I serve God in his Kingdom daily. It breaks my heart to see how others are treated and forget that when they mistreat, ignore, hate another person they are doing it to God. We are God's family, people! Wake up !

 I was reminded of this when I spoke out on the assaults yesterday and remembered how many times we as family members have remained silent, waiting for someone to act or speak out! I remembered the murder of Kitty Genovese and all those who witnessed her murder and did nothing to stop it. I have dear friends who  family members or themselves  who have been victims of domestic violence DEAR FAMILY, WE CANNOT REMAIN SILENT ANY LONGER! WE MUST SPEAK, WE MUST ACT, WE MUST REMEMBER, AND WE MUST LOVE, SUPPORT, AND PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER AND ALL FAMILY MEMBERS WHO STRUGGLE AND HAVE BEEN VICTIMIZED OR IGNORED! WE HAVEN'T ANY CHOICE! I DON'T! DO YOU?

********
Dear Lord help us not to remain silent when members of our family are in emotional pain or are victims of violence and abuse. Grant us courage speak out on their behalf and may our words and actions be a prayer quilt of love warming them and making them feel safe and secure. 

God watch over all those who are out tonight riding bikes and walking.

Watch over all those who are working in cities and states where there are icy roads and bad driving conditions.

We pray for all those who are in  dangerous situations of any kind !

We pray that we may be alert to our surroundings!

Help us to unwind our bodies, minds, and spirits tonight and feel your arms enfolding us with your Love, Compassion and Mercy.

Please remember in prayer all those who are on your hearts at this moment.

We give thanks that you O  Lord, are a loving and merciful God  as we give thanks for.____________

Help us to celebrate life, milestone, and ______________________with joy, love, and gladness.

We pause and reflect as we remember those who have left this earthly life to be with you,  Remembering especially__________

Help us always to respond with loving and caring actions for our brothers and sisters.

Take away all coldness of spirit and actions by others and infuse and empower them with your life giving and loving spirits that they may truly know that you are the God of Creation, Redemption, and Sanctification. 

All this we ask in Jesus' most holy name. Amen.

*************************

Have a wonderful night Dear family of Love and God! It's time to celebrate! Get your party hats and raise a glass to God and give thanks for our family and all that God is doing in our lives and on our pilgrim journey this day and always.

Won't you continue to walk with me on our journey? I hope so!

Love and joy!

Sara

Enjoy this Praise Sampler ! They are some of my favorites!

Glory and Praise to Our God-Schutte

YouTube Praise Mix




















No comments:

Post a Comment