Monday, January 13, 2014

The Joy of God, Family, and praying in place!




Dear Family of Love and Pilgrims on our Journey,

Tonight we pray in place because my body is a tad bit tired from my trip to Los Angeles yesterday and back today. Today I had the joy of being with my Daughters of of the King family. It is a joy to have a big and ever expanding family that includes you. Being family means true acceptance and being flexible when things aren't always smooth. Last night I almost didn't blog but I decided that I should  and once I did I felt peace and joy. Let's have a time of praying in place and remember I pray as I write this blog.

Dear God we give thanks for the Joy you bring our time of prayer together whether it is on pilgrimage or in place.
God we pray for: Our family and the joy it brings.
Those who are still driving on the highways and by ways
For those who have requested our prayers today we lift those requests to you O God.
We pray for peace in all the war and terror torn areas of the world.
We pray for our government and leaders at all levels.
We pray for those who still do not have health insurance and adequate health care and living arrangements.
We pray for and end to hate and violence.
We pray for clean air, water, soil and safe food to eat.
We pray for all newly diagnosed cancer patients, their families, and medical teams.
We pray for and end to new forms of slavery.We pray for an end of violence, abuse, and hate.
We give thanks for all of our family members who step up and give their time, talent, and treasure to help the least of these and charitable organizations.
We give thanks for all those who are caregivers and ministers.
We give thanks for all who give comfort and show compassion.
We pray that we may be your agents of hope, peace, joy, love, and light to the world.
We pray for all who are preparing for marriage. We pray for marriage equality in every state.
We pray for those discerning vocations and life paths.
We pray for that we may listen and not just hear You. We pray that we may listen for the voices that You are using to convey your message.
We pray for courage to honor our bodies when we have to lay things down and rest.
We give thanks for friends who will help us when  we need them
May we be responsive and help them in return.
We give thanks for the beautiful weather today and Pray for much needed rain to to heal our dry and parched earth.
We pray for all who are ill and give thanks for healing that has begun.
I give thanks for safe return from Los Angeles and that my car battery was  able to hold.

We pray for _______________

We Celebrate________________

We Give Thanks______________

We Remember__________________

Lord God we offer these our prayers to you and in your blessed Son's Name. Amen.

*********************

Dear ones that is all for tonight! Tomorrow we walk, pray, and walk with God  on a special  journey at the the time of the evening breeze. I love you, you matter, and you bring me joy everyday. I give God thanks for you this day and always!

Love, peace, and joy!

Sara













Come, O Thou Traveler Unknown

Vivaldi

Healer of My Soul - John Michael Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment