Monday, August 26, 2013

A little music and a little bit of silence and listening to the wind/ Spirit pray with me




Good Evening Fellow Journey People,

Tonight for our walk I decided to try a mixture of music and silence. It's always a good thing to mix things up  so that you can be more aware of your surroundings. This is part of what I call holy unplugging. In order to hear God's voice, and feel God's presence one must unplug. Right now in the house I'm not watching TV or listening to the radio or have my headphones on. Silence is a wonderful way of connecting with yourself to the Holy Spirit and nature. When I hear the wind and am praying I feel as though Pneuma (Holy Spirit) is praying with me. Also, when I walk I feel that we are all having a holy time of praise and thanksgiving. Tonight I'm won't be including a music sampler. I want you to feel what it is like to engage in holy unplugging. Don't even have the TV on when you read this meditation. What does your house feel like without any device on?  How do you feel not being plugged in? Does your house make weird sounds like mine does and sounds like Mr. Moose and the Ping Pong Balls coming to call?  Sometimes can you hear critters scratching above the ceiling?  Tonight let's try to unplug. It won't kill you! Feel God's love and presence in the silence and listen more fully for God's voice.  Listen to my voice and my heart speaking to yours telling you that I prayed for you, I rejoiced with you, and that I love you, and you are never alone on our journey of walking and praying.

Good night dear ones!

Love and peace of mind,

Sara















No comments:

Post a Comment