Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tonight on our journey of prayer and thanksgiving


Good Evening Prayer Walkers and Journey People

This evening I decided that since our regular Wednesday Service won't be held tomorrow, I decided to add more prayer and thanksgiving time to our walk. Prayers were said. Don't be afraid to place prayer requests any night of the week.  Tonight's weather was awesome! It was cool but enough warmth that I didn't need a jacket.  Walked to Hymns Through the Ages - Thomas Foster and the choir of All Saint's Episcopal Church, Beverly Hills.  One of the hymns that really stood out was "There's a Wideness in God's Mercy". The third verse spoke volumes to me, I hope it does for you too:

For the love of God is broader
than the measure of man's mind;
and the heart of the Eternal
is most wonderfully kind.
If our love were but more faithful,
we should take him at his word;
and our life would be thanksgiving
for the goodness of the Lord.

Words: Frederick William Faber, 1862;
Music: Beecher, St. Helena, Zum Frieden


Every time I walk, pray, sing, offer praise and and Thanksgiving, God expands and widens my heart and mercy in a good way. I see God how God's creation is truly beautiful. The way the air feels on my arms feel like God is bathing me in healing balm. 

If you haven't gotten outside, please do! God has something to show you. 

I love you and hope tonight your body, mind, and spirit are in harmony.

Love and peace of mind,

Sara




















No comments:

Post a Comment