Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Vistas on a Moonlit night and praying and giving thanks!



Happy Tuesday!

Well as Van Morrison said in the song" It's a marvelous night for a moon dance! " Have you gone outside to see the Moon this evening. It is growing! Please take time to go outside every day.  I love being able to get out and walk and feel the air and light breeze as I walk and pray. Seeing all of the vistas I see on these walks remind me to pray and give thanks for God's love and creation, and many other things. One thing about walking when I do it gives me a better picture of our town and the ebb and flow of the traffic and get to see our homeless and disabled who are struggling to find shelter and are at their  nightly posts looking for food, shelter, and money. We also have many homeless people who may have mental illnesses who will not cross Broadway for help.  Tonight, I learned one thing that we take for granted and that is having proper restroom facilities. It doesn't happen that often but tonight I needed to find one and at least I could use the restroom in the Public Library and had time to do it before they closed. That is one thing I think we all take for granted and shouldn't. 

Prayers were said and as I walked, I found more things to pray about and became more sensitive about what's in our neighborhood. I think of our neighborhood as the entire world. It's not an out there kind of thinking but a right here kind of thinking. Our neighbors are everyone: friend, foe, and stranger. Tomorrow take time to look into our neighbor's  eyes with the eye of our Creator. You'll be amazed. Don't forget to smile! Remember by your presence you may be the only bible a person ever reads. 

I love you!

Love and peace of mind,

Sara























A Moonlit night Music Sampler!

Old Devil Moon
Fly Me to the Moon

Moondance

Blue Moon

Mystic's Dream

Dante's Prayer


No comments:

Post a Comment